Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Chapter 63-Viva Las Vegas


Starr's life changed drastically when she started dating Nick but that change didn't compare to the one she faced now.  Chrissie was a living, breathing little person who's every single need was totally dependent on her.  She never really wanted children yet her maternal instinct did kick in and she found herself loving this little baby more than she ever dreamed she would.   The thought of hiring a nanny did enter her mind, but passing on her responsibilities to others was something she did in the past and she was not going to do anymore. Like it or not she was a mother and she intended on doing this job herself no matter how inept she was for it.


 Luckily Chrissie turned out to be a very quiet baby who rarely fussed.  She slept most of the time and sometimes even had to be woken up for a bottle.  This suited Starr just fine as she was able to work on her art while Chrissie amused herself with her toys or just fell asleep.


 The baby seemed to bring Starr closer to Nick and it became impossible for Starr to imagine a life without Nick in it.  She was in love with him before the baby was born, but she never admitted it to him or to herself.  They were already living as a family and she knew it wouldn't be long before Nick asked her to marry him again.  She never planned on ever marrying anyone but that was before she met Nick.  Every time she thought about the future she always pictured Nick in it and she knew if he ever left her she would be devastated.



 As the family arrived for Chrissie's birthday, Starr took notice of all the happily married couples around them.  Caleb and Hope, Spencer and Candace, Davis and Cora, Grandma Holly and Grandpa Emmett, Grandpa Wolfie and Grandma Abby and of course her parents.  All of them had very strong relationships and you could see the way they looked at each other with love.  She knew Nick looked at her that same way and as she thought of Nick she smiled and started to reconsider her options.  She decided that she was ready for this step and she planned to talk about it with Nick, It would have to wait for tomorrow as it was time for her little girl to have a birthday party.





 Chrissie blew out the candles and grew into a beautiful little toddler.  She had Sandi and Wolfie's blue eyes and blonde hair like both her parents.  Both Starr and Nick were proud of their pretty little girl.

Generation #6-Traits-Heavy Sleeper and Loves the Heat.


It wouldn't be a party without Wolfie picking up his guitar but this time he decided to serenade his wife and it seemed to sweep her off her feet. Nick was watching and this gave him an idea.  A little romantic gesture like that couldn't hurt and maybe it would start to warm Starr up to the idea of marriage.  He always felt that the day would arrive that Starr would change her answer someday but he was growing impatient and had to at least try everything possible.


That next night Nick surprised Starr by hiring a babysitter.  He told her to get ready because he was taking her out for dinner and a little dancing afterward.  The party animal inside of Starr might have been tamed a little but it still lived inside of her.  He purchased a ring for her a long time ago as he hoped that some day she would let him place it on her finger.  He decided to bring it with him just in case she surprised him and said yes.


The dinner was beautiful and very romantic, Starr tried to bring up the subject of marriage again but something always happened.  The waiters would arrive to take orders or serve food, one of their cell phones rang or they ran into someone so she decided to wait until they got to the club to tell him that she loved him and she wanted to become his wife.  As she was about to tell him, Nick decided that was the exact moment to get up for karaoke.  The way this night was going she was never going to be able to get the words out.


Trying to be Wolfie Landgraab was something Nick knew he couldn't do and he was probably going to look like a fool.  However he loved Starr and he would do anything for her including embarrassing himself by singing off key in front of a crowd of people.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay, would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you


Starr was overwhelmed as this was unexpected and so romantic.  It was almost as if he knew what she was thinking about.  Nick knew her well and was even able to finish her sentences before she got the words out, so it shouldn't surprise her that he already knew what was on her mind.  


This is something Nick would not normally do but yet in front of all these people he professed his love for her and she was in complete awe that he would do this.  Well she couldn't let him do this alone she had to go up there and sing with him.

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you


Starr: I'm not just singing a song, I'm serious.

Nick:  Are you saying what I think you are saying?

Starr:  I have been trying to bring this up all night, but we were always getting interrupted.  My answer is....

Nick: I haven't asked the question yet.

Starr: You have asked it a million times.

Nick: If the answer is different this time, we are going to do this right.




Nick:  Some men might wish upon a star for love but my wish is for a Starr.  A beautiful fun loving Starr with a fiery personality and one that I love very much.  Starr McIntyre will you marry me and make all of my wishes come true?


 Starr was never the hopeless romantic and she wasn't swept away that easily, but who couldn't be swept away by a romantic proposal such as this.  The couple decided not to wait any longer as they already wasted too much precious time and they decided to elope that very night. Starr made a quick call to parents to pick up the baby as they had something very important to do.  

Planning a big wedding was not in Starr's game plan either, if she was getting married it would be something fun and different, something that was her.  They headed off to Las Vegas to be married that very night.



 They ended up in the Blue Hawaii wedding chapel in Las Vegas to be married by an Elvis impersonator in the Jailhouse Rock Room.  



Starr was able to find a dress she thought appropiate for the occasion and fix her hair in time for the ceremony.  Nick was speechless as he would never forget how beautiful she looked on their wedding day.


Elvis: Do you Starr promise to love Nickolas tender, never step on his blue suede shoes or leave him lonesome tonight.  Will you forsake all others and promise that he will be your one and only teddy bear for as long as you both shall live?

Starr: I do


Elvis: Do you Nick promise to love Starr tender, never be a hound dog or leave her at heartbreak hotel.  Will you forsake all others and always be her Hunka Hunka Burning love for as long as you both shall live?

Nick: I do


Elvis: Now for the exchange of rings.

Starr: I Starr McIntyre take you Nickolas Slayer to be my husband.  With this ring I thee wed.


Nick: I Nickolas Slayer, take you Starr McIntyre to be my wife.  With this ring I thee wed.


Elvis: With the authority vested in me by Graceland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife.  What the King has joined together, let no hound dog or suspicious mind put asunder. You may kiss your bride.

Mr. & Mrs. Nickolas Slayer










To be continued.......

Author's Note-I would like to thank Littleminxundr for the Simton Ministery 24h Wedding Venue that she made for me on request. 

This wedding was not supposed to happen this soon, I really wanted Chrissie to be older but I gave into their wishes.

Starr's Wants:







Nick's Wants:




And yes later on we will take care of the vampire wants.

22 comments:

  1. Awww, that was so romantic! Nick got up there and belted out one of my all-time favorite Elvis songs!!!! I love it! Then Starr got up there to join him! How adorable can you get?

    Then, they go to Vegas to get married by the King. Hehehehehehe! The Elvis-isms were hilarious. I was cracking up over the vows. OMG, that was freaking brilliant! I love it.

    They make such an adorable couple. :) Can't wait for more.

    Oh, one more thought. You forgot Lenora and Tyrone in the happy married couples list. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They wanted to get married so much I just couldn't fight it anymore and I had to just do it. Starr would always choose the non traditional wedding and eloping would be her style and I had fun with using Elvis for this part.

      Tyrone and Lenora was invited to the party but they didn't show up. She is pregnant in my game but both of them have the cuisine and music careers which their working hours fall at party time. I only mentioned the couples who were represented in the picture but they were no forgotten.

      Delete
  2. Chrissie is adorable. I'm glad to see Starr embracing mother hood.
    They are so sweet together. She has a lot of good relationships to look up to.
    Their wedding! Hahaha so funny! That's great that they have so many wishes like that. if you have any wish elixirs you'll have a TON of reward points

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starr's maternal instinct kicked in more than she ever thought it would and she never thought she would ever fall in love but she did.

      The wedding was a lot of fun to write but now I am kicking myself as I forgot about the elixir for the points. Starr has a ton of points its Nick that could have used them. oh well live and learn.

      Delete
  3. aww I loved every moment of this chapter!!!! The vows...lol those were great!

    always be her Hunka Hunka Burning love for as long as you both shall live? hahaha

    and his proposal....that was just so freaking romantic. He wished for a Starr. How could she turn him down after that???

    The turn she's made is great to see. So much has changed for her, being a mom thinking about Nick in such a way. Not imagining her life without him. At the party seeing all the couples around and how happy they all were gave her that last push needed. A Vegas wedding is right up her alley. I have a feeling Dylan will be a little bummed he couldn't walk his little girl down the aisle, but he'll be happy for her.

    She made a beautiful bride! Her hair changed her whole look and I LOVED that first shot of them after the kiss. So pretty and the family shot of them, such a beautiful picture.

    Chrissie is a cute girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved writing this chapter and I had some fun with the wedding vows. I had to make that wedding compliment the type of character Starr was and everything with her would be non traditional.

      Nick was never going to give up on her and he would always pull out all the stops to get her to agree to marry him. He bought that ring a long time ago and was waiting to place it on her finger. Once she agreed she could have any wedding she wanted as he just wanted her to be his wife.

      Dylan will just have to walk his other two daughters down the aisle I'm afraid but they will have a little celebration when the couple gets home.

      I had such trouble with her hair on the family picture that I had to put it up but I loved the way that turned out. And I agree with you they look the best in that first picture after the kiss.

      Delete
  4. Oh this chapter was so romantic! I loved every bit of it.
    Those vows are the highlight of my day, I swear.
    Chrissie is such a cute little baby. It's going to be great to watch her grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you loved it as I enjoyed writing it. I had to make those vows fun and fitting for the type of wedding. Chrissie looks a lot like her Mom and we will be seeing her grow up in the next few updates.

      Delete
  5. What an amazing wedding!! It's nice to see something so different, and very perfect for her, too ^^ It's amazing that their wishes are so similar, this game sure does surprise me here and there ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun with this wedding and I had it planned this way for quite a while. I knew Starr would not be traditional so I had to give her something more fitting for her character and a Vegas wedding with the King was it. I wasn't going to do this until Chrissie was older but I couldn't deny all the similar wishes so they are married.

      Delete
  6. I've been caught up for a while but kept forgetting to comment. I'm really enjoying the story and how much like a soap opera it is. New interesting plots start as old plots get their loose ends tied up!

    Can't wait to see what Chrissie's life will be like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you are enjoying the story and the compliment is very much appreciated. I have to admit I have been watching the soaps way before Luke married Laura and to me introducing the new story while the old one is finishing just keeps things moving along and more interesting. The transition times can be difficult if you do not have something on the agenda.

      Delete
  7. Chrissie us such a cute kid, she's a lot of her mother but still from her father as well. I wonder which LTW she'll have.
    I loved them both singing together and their wedding, very beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her LTW is turn the town which I had planned before she was born.

      That wedding was fun and I loved the way it turned out. Not a big wedding but very appropiate for Starr

      Delete
  8. LOL I loved the wedding vows! This was the coolest Vegas wedding ever! The Elvis minister was awesome. ^_^
    I agree with Starr, you don't have to be a hopeless romantic to get married, when the right person comes along, then it will happen because that's what your heart knows it wants. Starr looked beautiful. I hope the couple has many happy years together. That's so cute she wants to become a vampire and he wanted to make her one. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starr is not traditional so I was able to be a little creative with her wedding. This type of wedding is exactly the type that she would have. I actually was going to wait a little longer to marry them but I couldn't deny all of those wants on both sides and they are perfect for each other.

      Delete
  9. Aww, how sweet! And Starr looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the wedding was sweet and it was perfect for someone just like Starr.

      Delete
  10. Best wedding ceremony so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun writing this ceremony. I knew Starr was unconventional so I had to come up with the perfect wedding for her.

      Delete
  11. Oh god I love that song :D
    It would have totally swept me away too c:

    And I love those marriage vow questions! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick pulled out all the stops as he always wanted to marry and finally she agreed. I knew she needed a wedding that was appropriate for her so off to Vegas to be married by an Elvis impersonator. I can't tell you how much fun I had writing this chapter.

      Delete