Friday, November 21, 2014

Chapter 62.2-Better Late than Never


Nick received word from his father that he would be in town the next day for Trevor's birthday along with the rest of the family.  Starr's family would be at the party too and he saw this as a chance to kill two birds with one stone.  They needed to make the announcement about the baby and with both families gathered in one place this was the perfect opportunity.  The only problem was that Starr was still avoiding her parents, and it was about time that ended.  All he had to do was convince her to attend the party with him, and both could be taken care of at the same time.


When he asked Starr to attend the party with him she flat out refused.  He understood that in the beginning she needed time, but enough time has passed to heal her wounds. The Starr that he fell in love with was a fighter and she still was except when it came to facing her parents. He knew Sandi and Dylan loved her as they always tried to reach out to their daughter, but she was so stubborn she wouldn't take their calls.

Nick:  I want you to come with me to Trevor's birthday party, my father will be there and I really want you to meet him.


Starr:  I don't think it’s a good idea; I'm not ready to face my parents yet.

Nick: You can't keep yourself hidden from your family forever.

Starr:  You don't understand it's not that easy.


Nick: It is that easy because you know they are going to forgive you which is exactly the reason you don't want to see them.  You don't want to be forgiven, as you have not forgiven yourself yet.  Don't you think its time to finally put this to rest?

This is very important to me as my father is flying in and I want him to meet the woman who I love and the mother of my child.  I'll stay by your side the entire time; please will you do this for me?


Starr was stubborn and wouldn't even consider going to the party, but she kept thinking of the look on Nick's face and she knew she let him down.  He was the one person she never disappointed until today.  Nick stood by her during the darkest period of her life and he never let her down not even once.  He asked so little from her and yet here she was stepping right back into her old ways. 


She decided that she was not going to be that person again and she was never going to disappoint Nick, her parents or her child.  It was time for her to face her music and leave all of this behind her.  She got up and left for the party.  Yes she would be late, but its better late than never.

Meanwhile at Caleb and Hope's:



Forever the workaholic, Caleb was discussing the kidnapping case with Sandi and Jules. After hearing about Katherine's dealings with Denny, he had a gut feeling which made him investigate a little further. The fairy that kidnapped his brother had white wings according to witnesses but one witness Cora Borealis, heard the voice of the fairy, and could not identify Johnny's voice. 



Caleb went to visit Cora and played a recording of Denny's voice which she identified immediately.  He now knew who the kidnapper really was but didn't want to get Cora involved.  They already had to put Katherine in hiding, there was no way he would risk the safety of an innocent civilian.  



The three decided to set up 24 hour surveillance on Denny but that would have to wait as family was already arriving.



Davis and Cora flew in from Barnacle Bay but this time they did not come alone.



Hope's Grandfather also came in for the birthday party and Trevor met his Great Grandfather for the first time.    


Later that evening there was a big birthday party and both sides of Trevors family arrived to see him blow out the candles.  



Presents were always expected when his grandparents came to visit and they never disappointed him.  It might have been a little box but he knew it had to be something really good.  The box only had keys in it........



keys to his new car.  Hope and Caleb complained yet again about the spoiling but it all fell on deaf ears.  Davis wanted his Grandson to have the absolute best and Trevor was loving every minute of it.

The biggest surprise of the evening was just about to happen.



Nick decided it was not a very good idea to make this announcement to Starr's family without her being present.  However he did want to take his father aside so he could give him the news in person. 



As he told his father the good news, much to everyone surprise including Nick's, Starr walked through the door.    



Sandi and Dylan immediately ran to the daughter who they had been worried about for months.  They knew she needed time to deal with the traumatic experience on her own, but the longed for this day to come.

Sandi:  Starr are you ok?  Let me look at you sweetie.

Dylan:  You had us very worried.

Starr:   Mom, Dad I'm so sorry

Dylan:  There is nothing to be sorry for.  You mother and I love you and you could never do anything that would change that.



Sandi:  Starr are you?

Dylan:  Its not.......

Starr:   No Daddy its not.  The baby is Nick's.  We have been seeing each other for quite some time now and he has moved in with me.  If it wasn't for Nick's support I don't know how I would have survived these past few months.

Dylan:  Well Angel I guess we are going to be Grandparents.

For the rest of the night the family spent the time celebrating and preparing for some happy days ahead of them.  Tyrone and Lenora's wedding was being planned and there was a new baby on the way.  



Nick: I know how hard this was for you and it really means so much to me that you did show up.  Thank you.

Starr:  I had to.  I don't want to be that selfish person anymore.  I want to be better for you, the baby and most of all for myself.

Nick:  You already are.





For the next few months, Starr and Nick took Lamaze classes and redecorated the nursery. Everything in pink as the ultrasound revealed that the baby was a girl.  Nick was already referring to her as his little princess and nothing was too good for his little girl. Names was something they debated on but as usual Starr got her way as she wanted the baby to be named after her Grandfather Wolfie, whose first name was Christopher and her mother. Chrysanthemum Sandra Slayer would be her name but Nick suggested they call her Chrissie for short.




All the classes they attended seemed not to do any good as Nick freaked out when Starr went into labor.  Somehow he managed to get her to the hospital and.....


 A little vampire was born.

To be continued.......

Author's note-I would like to thank Jazen for Davis and Cora Gruber and Boyd Slayer.  To read more about her story, please use this link:  Just Simming Along

I would like to thank HollyHocksfluff for Cora Borealis.  To read more about her story please use
this link:  Finding Our Place in the Stars

Please forgive the change of clothes in the party on some of the characters as the game kept crashing on me.

22 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were finally able to get the update out with all the crashing you've been having. It can be so frustrating. It was worth the wait though, as it was an awesome update. I'm so glad Starr finally agreed to see her family and go to Trevor's party, and I can't wait to see what little Chrissie gets up to.

    And awww, you mentioned Lenora and Tyrone's wedding being planned. :)))

    Davis giving Trevor a car. LOL!! That one is one spoiled kid, no lie. :)

    Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should know better than to name a chapter better late than Never, I think I jinxed myself with the title.

      Starr needed to face her family but she needed to change inside first and the look of disappointment on Nick's face is what gave her the strength to change. She wanted to be a better person for him and she knew she had to do that for him.

      Oh Trevor is definetely spoiled, that is for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Awww...I'm so glad Starr finally faced her parents. Nick was right, it wasn't about them being angry as the would love her no matter what, she was holding on to guilt for being with Johnny. She needed to heal and forgive herself and it's good that Nick finally got through to her.

    Congrats on breaking the wolf streak!!!!! So glad Nick was able to! And man that nursery. It's beautiful! Chrissie is going to be a spoiled little girl.

    LOL Davis, that car! Man this is what happens when you have endless funds and plenty of time on your hands to spoil your grandkids. Hope and Caleb know their protests won't make any difference. Good thing his dad is a cop because I see Trevor getting a speeding ticket or two in that hot rod.

    and lastly Caleb is hot on Denny's trail now! Cora identified Denny's voice they have set up surveillance that bad fairy is going down!!!! I am so excited for that part. Denny has caused nothing but trouble and all because of lies his worthless parents told him about Wolfie (totally forgot his first name was Christopher LOL) He needs to be dealt with because after that last confrontation with Wolfie he proved he rather hang on to the lies and hate instead of just getting to know the family that did welcome him with open arms.

    Sorry your game was giving you fits. So annoying when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding out who Johnny really was shook Starr's world. She felt as if she betrayed her father and she didn't forgive herself and she thought she didn't deserve to be forgiven. The last straw was seeing the look of disappointment on Nick's face, she didn't want to disappoint him like everyone else in her life so she found the strength to change.

      After shipping an entire toy store to Aurora Skies to Trevor for Snowflake Day, Davis had to have something good to follow that up, so hello new car. Let's hope he doesn't get into too much trouble with it.

      Finally broke the Wolf streak and we now have a vamp in the family, Nick is already spoiling her. Yep Christopher is Wolfie's first name, the only one who ever called him that was Rose when she was angry.

      There was no way Caleb was going to rest after the trouble Denny has caused for his family and his mentor. Denny is running the family that was responsible for his mentor's death and he has been waiting for a long time to take them down. The Goodfellows did both of the twins wrong, first by tossing Sandi aside and than by lieing and keeping Denny away from Wolfie. All of this could have been avoided had they told the truth and did the best by both kids.

      Delete
  3. The winds of going solo are changing! You're out of wolves, jazen is onto fairys, let's hope Vuneca gets a new life state!

    I am imagining that party was a madhouse, logistic-wise. That's a big cast of characters! Good to see old friends.

    #1 though, glad Starr has gotten over her mistakes, or at least has started down that path. For that matter, nice to see her thinking of others. It must be love if she's able to look past her own wants. That or I can blame hormones.

    Poor Nick, he's in a whole house of pink! I like the nursery, although when I imagined Starr decorating it, I envisioned some pink leopard or zebra print. Aunt Cora will have to send something.
    What does Wolfe think of his little namesake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got a change and I am hoping for Vuneca to get a change soon also.

      As you know I love the crossovers and Cora did her part in putting a nail into Denny's coffin, Caleb needs to finish the job.

      This whole experience changed Starr for the better and she is starting to realize there are other people's feeling to think of. She didn't want to disappoint Nick so she went to the party and finally faced her parents.

      LOL Pink Leopard or Zebra. Yep that would be Starr, but thankfully she went with the butterflies. Thanks in advance to Aunt Cora :)

      Wolfie is going to have his plate full pretty soon, but he will love the little vampire girl.

      Delete
  4. Loved the update! I glad your game decided to start behaving. I know I have to save every sim night because my game is temperamental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and it was only my clone file I think. I will find out soon enough.

      Delete
  5. Yay! So many good things happening!
    i cannot believe (ok, yeah I can) that Trevor got a car for his birthday! Lucky guy.
    I am so glad Starr finally went to see her parents She needed that, esp now, with a new baby.
    Yay little Chrissie! The nursery looks great! Are you happy to be onto another occult sim? I may have a fit if Cherish gives me another fairy.
    I'm glad Caleb is a workaholic! Denny needs to be dealt with for sure and he and Sandi are the best ones for the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis loves to spoil his grandson, had to get him that car. Now we have to hope that Trevor stays out of trouble.

      Starr needed to see them but she wouldn't because she still felt as if she should not be forgiven and she knew they would forgive her. She changed so much that she couldn't disappoint Nick which ultimetely gave her the courage to face her parents.

      Denny is going down big time :)

      Keeping my fingers crossed that you are finished with the fairies.

      Delete
  6. Ha, I didn't even realise that there was a change in clothes ^^ I'm so happy for you that you got a little vampire, we all know how much you wanted something different :) Can't wait to see the pretty girl grown up - no doubt she'll be spoiled beyond all hope!! (sorry for he double comment, for some reason this didn't change my 'comment as' until after I had posted even though I was logged in and had refreshed the page)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to get the little vampire as I now can play a different life state, I just pray I don't go on a vampire streak now as they are immortals. Oh Nick is spoiling his little girl to no end and I am so loving this little family. I never thought Starr would make a good mother but she does.

      Delete
  7. Yaay a little vampire! But I didn't get her name, guess I'll get it on the next chapter ;)
    So great Starr changed her mind and decided to see all others, she's really changed a lot, and I'm glad for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick is the main reason for the change as Starr couldn't hurt him. It was time for her to face the music anyway and she did change.

      The Baby's name is in the next update but its Chrysanthemum Sandra Slayer or Chrissie for short.

      Delete
  8. Woop woop! Forgiveness all around, very nice. Aaahh.... yes Caleb's detective skills are paying off I love that. XD Starr and Nick are so good together. It's like he makes her want to be a better woman. Awww...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all knew that Sandi and Dylan would forgive Starr the main problem was Starr was not going to forgive herself. Starr does want to become a better person now and Nick did have a lot to do with that change for the better. It didn't take Caleb long to make the connection and now that he knows Denny is the kidnapper he will work overtime to catch him.

      Delete
  9. Well, well, Starr won some points from me. I still want to see Katherine happy, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starr was redeemable and Katherine will find happiness too.

      Delete
  10. What a cute nursery! c:
    I miss that there's so little stuff for babies in sims 4. They're just objects :/

    Also I wonder who did drive this time! I bet it was Starr :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Sims 4 is so limited now but maybe it won't be later on. At the time this chapter was published Sims 3 was a completed game and we have not gotten to that point with Sims 4 yet.

      It was Starr that drove them. Only one time a husband drove his wife and that was Hope and Caleb's son Trevor. I guess they raised a true gentleman.

      Delete