Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Chapter 67-Rise and Shine


The alarm clock rang Chrissie rushed to silence it quickly as she was afraid that it would wake up Dimitri. He told her many times not to set it and she could have sworn that she didn't.  She specifically remembered bringing it into the spare bedroom yesterday and she had no clue how it was back.  


Dimitri did not like being disturbed in the morning nor did he like the idea of her working. Chrissie always wanted to be a teacher ever since she was a little girl and he just didn't understand what the job meant to her.  She heard him yawn and start to move around as the alarm did indeed wake him and she prepared herself as she knew he was going to be livid.


 Dimitri:  Chrissie how many times do I have to tell you not to set that alarm clock.


 Chrissie:  I'm sorry, Dimitri.  I didn't mean to wake you.  I was sure it was in the other room.


Dimitri: I seen you bring that damn thing in here last night and set it.  I told you to get it out of here, obviously you didn't. I can't figure out if you are just plain stupid or insane!

Chrissie:  I don't even remember doing that.  All I remember is bringing the clock into the other room.

Dimitri: Well you did. Are you calling me a liar?

Chrissie: No of course not, I would never do that.  As soon as I finish dressing for work, I'll bring the clock downstairs and I promise it will not disturb you again.


Dimitri:  Well it better not, you know how much I hate coming in second to that stupid job of yours. Sometimes I think you care more about those whiny snot nosed brats than you do for me.

Chrissie:  You know that isn't true.  You know I love you.

Dimitri:  You sure have a funny way of showing it.  I have to be woken up at this ungodly hour and then I have to spend the whole day by myself.   You should be here taking care of me instead of other people's brats.  I do not even understand the reason you feel it is necessary for you to work?  You have enough money to keep us living in style forever; there is absolutely no reason for it at all.


Chrissie:  I don't teach for the money, I enjoy my work.

Dimitri:  If you loved me you would be here with me, instead of doing God knows what with God knows who.

Chrissie:  Now you know I love you and I have always been true to you.

Dimitri: How do I know that?  All you ever do is lie to me.

Chrissie:  I promise you are the only man in my life and that I will make more time to take care of you.


Dimitri:  You come straight home after work today; I'll be waiting for you.

Chrissie: I have to do something after work today; my Uncle says he needs to discuss an important business matter with me.

Dimitri: Another excuse, who are you really meeting?


 Chrissie: My Uncle Ronny.  I'm telling you the truth.


Dimitri: Well you come straight home after that meeting.  Look at me Chrissie; you have things you need to do for me and you will do them.

Chrissie: Yes, I'll come straight home after that.  I promise.

Dimitri: Now that is my good girl.

Later on that day:


Providing knowledge and guidance to children was Ronny Landgraab's mission in life and one that he took pride in.  As a child he knew he wanted to teach and he planned to do so until the day he died. He accepted a teaching position at Aurora Skies Preparatory School after he graduated from University and now he was a principal.  He also assisted the witch’s council to teach young warlock how to develop their skills and he also was owner of an afterschool center.


Ronny knew he was not getting any younger and the time to get his affairs into order was now upon him.  As Ronny preferred mature women he had only one son, Kenton Landgraab who would inherit the bulk of his estate.  There were a few personal items with sentimental value that would be left to various family members including his brother Wolfie.  It was the afterschool center that he was concerned about most as he needed someone with the same passion for teaching as he did to run it and there was only one person who came to mind, his niece Chrissie.


When Chrissie arrived Ronny explained his intentions, she was honored that her uncle would entrust her with his life's work.  While she did not want to even think about her Uncle's passing she made a promise to him that she would take care of the afterschool center with pride.  It wasn't until she received the full tour that she realized Dimitri would not appreciate her taking on more responsibilities.  As it was he didn't even want her to work at the job she already had, but how could she disappoint her Uncle who was counting on her to continue his work after he was gone.  She truly loved working with the children and she wanted to do this, but she feared Dimitri's reaction to this news.  She was thinking about the best way to break the news to Dimitri when she literally ran into Mickey.


Chrissie:  My apologies, I should have been paying more attention to where I was going.

Mickey:  No worries about that.  Is everything ok?  You don't look like yourself today.

Chrissie: I just have a lot on my mind right now.

Mickey: Do you want to talk about it?


Mickey knew what the problem was right away; it was that boyfriend of hers again. When Mickey first met her he instantly liked her as she was so friendly with a smile that could brighten up the darkest day.  He was about to ask her out when he learned that she was already taken.  He chalked it up to his bad luck again; so many failed relationships in Isla Paridiso and now the first girl he really liked in his new home already had a boyfriend.  If he couldn't date her, he was happy to have her as a friend. As he got to know her better he started to notice there were many days she was troubled and needed a someone to talk to. To his dismay Dimitri was always in the center of it all and in the end Chrissie made up excuses of why she was to blame and not him.  He always wondered if Dimitri knew how lucky he was to have Chrissie in his life and how on Earth he could treat her so badly.


Chrissie: I just had a talk with Uncle Ronny and he wants me to work here and some day take over running the center for him.

Mickey: I think that is wonderful news, you are perfect for the job.  I usually come here after school is out to help out myself.  Your Uncle has set up a wonderful place for the children.


Chrissie: I agree I love this place and I always wanted to help out here after the school day was finished myself, but Dimitri doesn't like me being away from him so long.  I love my Uncle and I am honored that he would trust me so much and I can not disappoint him, but Dimitri just won't understand.


Mickey:  I've seen you with the children and I know how much you love teaching.  Your Uncle chose you for this job for a reason and it’s obvious this is something you want to do.  If Dimitri really loves you he will understand that and accept it.

Chrissie:  Maybe I just need to make more time for Dimitri and then I can show him my life can include both my work and him.  I'll just have to show Dimitri more attention.

Mickey:  Chrissie there are only so many hours in a day and only so much you can do. Dimitri should be happy for you right now.  I know if you...


Mickey stopped himself from finishing that statement, there was no point in talking about "ifs" as Chrissie wasn't his girl she was someone else's.  If she was his, he would shower her with love and spend the rest of his days making her happy.  That was just a dream that he had to accept would never come true and he would have to watch her live her life with someone who didn't appreciate her.

Chrissie: If I was?

Mickey: Nevermind Chrissie.  I think I better be getting home now, but if you need to talk more I'm only a phone call away.


Chrissie knew deep down that Mickey had a point but she was not going to admit it. She loved Dimitri and she thought Dimitri loved her in his own way.  


She knew he wouldn't be happy when she told him and she was expecting him to get angry, but his reaction to the news was worse than she feared.  Instead of yelling and shouting he completely shut down.  He wouldn't talk to her, wouldn't look at her absolutely no reaction at all.  The quiet was deafening and you could cut the tension with a knife. 


Chrissie went to bed and she made sure that the alarm was downstairs in the office and nowhere near the bedroom before she drifted off to sleep.  With the way Dimitri was feeling now she did not want to chance a repeat of this morning’s events to happen again tomorrow.


While she was sleeping, Dimitri opened the door and he placed the alarm clock on the end table by her side of the bed after he set it.

Dimitri: Sleep tight my darling.  We will continue this in the morning.


To Be Continued........

20 comments:

  1. I am so pissed right now!!! That jackass put the clock there so he had a reason to yell at her. She's apologizing to him and he's making the situation. She should be there taking care of him??? WTF what is she his servant? Seriously that man!!! Where is Cheech? He needs to take a bite out of his ass in a major way!!! Wow I can't even believe him.

    Mickey, man. You know something is off and I'm glad he and Chrissie are friends. It's good she has someone to talk to about her stress, she needs it. That monster she lives with is gonna just beat her self-esteem into the ground with is behavior. :(

    He has no idea about the men in that family. He is about to be taken out in a major way once they find out how he treats her. Nick, Davis, Caleb, Wolfie and Dylan. All of them will have a piece of his hide!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did want to yell at her and he placed the clock there just to yell at her, its way to keep her under his control and it seems to be working. Cheech will be around and he will be taking care of.

      Mickey and Chrissie are turning out to be good friends as they seem to be drawn together which is good as she needs someone to talk to and help her through it.

      Oh Dimitri is in this deep especially with the men in this family, he wont come out alive.

      Delete
  2. DAMN YOU!! What the hell is he playing at?? Does he want to fight with her? Is he only with her for her money? WHY WON'T SHE LEAVE HIM, PG?? :( Well, I know why, she thinks he loves her but can't show it, but COME ON!! :( Listen to Mickey, Chrissie, he knows what's best for you ^^

    I have to ask the same as jazen, where is Cheech? He didn't make her get rid of him, did he? :(

    And again I have to agree with jazen - once the men in her family find out how he's treating her - and I'm sure Mickey would tell her uncle what he knows if he asked - all hell is gonna break loose, and I am SO excited for that to happen :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is playing mind games with her and he is using things like the clock to control her and it seems to be working. She won't leave him until that control is broken which I hope that Mickey will be able to help her with. Cheech is around and we will see him in the next chapter. Needless to say those two do not get along very well.

      Yep someday all hell will break loose and Dimitri will get his, unfortunately that day is not in the near future.

      Delete
  3. OMG! THAT MAN IS A MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIG!!!! He really needs a reality check. I'm with Jazen. I'm SO pissed right now? She needs to take care of him??? What the hell is wrong with him? This isn't the dark ages, after all.

    I'm with the others. Where is Cheech? He totally needs to take a bite out of his ass, and Chrissie needs to send him packing. What a monster! And HE'S the one setting up the situation with the clock. WTF???

    I totally agree that when the men in the family find out, Dimitri is in for a really rude awakening and not by alarm clock. He has no idea who he's messing with.

    Loved the update. Can't wait for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet his is and a controlling bastard too. Right now he is living off of her and he wants her to be his servant. The clock was one of the mind games that he is playing with her which is the way he is controlling her. Cheech is around we just didn't see him this chapter but we will in the next. You are so right Dimitri doesn't have a clue who he is messing with but he will soon find out.

      Delete
  4. He is such a narcissitic jerk! He's totally trying to trap her with all that and blaming the clock on her? Seriously, that's beyond lame not to mention manipulative. It seems like he's just trying to keep her for the money, I mean really.

    When the other guys find out, he's going to be in for a world of hurt. She really needs to listen to Mickey and leave his butt. I'm sure Cheech will be happy to help along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what he is a narcissitic jerk and he is trying to control Chrissie with mind games. He does want the money as she is paying all the bills and he doesn't have a job, but he wants something more from her. When the rest of the family gets him, I promise it won't be pretty.

      Delete
  5. What an abusive prick he is. You know, I am with everyone else Dimitri needs his ass kicked. But instead of the men of the family. I think it'd be sweet justice if Sandi, Starr, Taylor and Abby all gained up and kicked his ass! Personally show him women are much more then servants. It'd be much more poetic justice if a woman put him in his place. But that's just me. Or maybe we can just have the whole Family take him down. Hm, when Dimitri is hypnotizing her. Is that how she's going to turn the town? Threw Dimitri's mind control? Hmm, I've been trying to figure out how to do that Ltw with a good sim.. One of my major thoughts were maybe helping out the very ill by making them immortal. But I like to see how you'll do it. : ) I do love her friendship with Mickey.. can't wait to see where that will lead. Where is Cheech? Haven't seen him around this chapter. Come on when we need see him give Dimtri a good bite in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dimitri does indeed need his ass kicked and I am sure the whole family will enjoy doing it. It is poetic justice to have the women serve up some karma to him, since he thinks a woman should be his servant. He is hypnotizing her and playing some mind games is the way I am having her turn the town, but I like your idea too. Mickey is a true friend to her and is always there to listen and cheer her up, she is really going to need that support. Cheech will be around next chapter and I think you guys will love what will happen.

      Delete
  6. What an ASS! She should be there taking care of him? She has enough money for THEM? Oh no/ No no no. Chrissie dear, I am sorry you have such low self esteem. Hopefully someone, Mickey perhaps, can build you up enough that you can stand up for yourself. And if Not, I will happily send my sim self over there to kick his ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissie does have low self esteem which makes her a prime target for this jerk She thinks he loves and he is also playing mind games on her. Mickey will definetely be a good friend to her as he is already supporting her.

      LOL on the Sim Self, as of now I am sure I would have a plenty of GS Sim Self's ready to go over and kick his ass.

      Delete
  7. Haha jazen is soooo right, Dimitrius IS a jackass. I just wonder what he trully wants. It's obious that he doesn't love her and he's using her, but... For what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Chrissie, given her lack of love in high school, now she jumps into the first guy's arms who showed her attention. Wow, Dimitri's putting the alarm clock there to pick fights with her. He's surely something else...
    I'm glad Mickey is there to be her friend, hopefully something can change eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissie does have a low self esteem and she thought she would never find anyone that will love her so she did fall for the guy who gave her the attention first. She was easy prey for Dimitri and he is emotionally abusing her right now. Mickey is a good friend and if Dimitri wasn't in the picture he would most likely be more.

      Delete
  9. There's a serious case of gaslighting happening here. I wonder how far this will go. Considering the foreshadowing, someone will have to intervene. Most likely Mickey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just hit the nail right on the head here. He is trying to gaslight her.

      Delete
  10. Oh my god. That Dimitri is such a petty, manipulative asshole. Poor Chrissie. I really hope she'll realize what's going on, and get out of there.

    ReplyDelete