Thursday, March 5, 2015

Chapter 2-The Wolf Next Door


Katherine stood there and couldn't believe her luck as Murphy's Law strikes her yet once again.   The Know-it-all from the bar and the loud and inconsiderate neighbor turned out to be one in the same. This shouldn't have surprised her as she should have figured out a neighbor this rude would have to be him.

Katherine: You?  You live here!  You're the obnoxious neighbor that plays the music that loud at night? How could my luck get any worse?


Jeremy:  You think you have bad luck?  I have worse.  I rented this house because I sensed a wolf next door and it turned out to be the whiny oh woe is me girl.  Are you the only other wolf in this whole town?

Katherine: I was happy being the lone wolf here until you came around.

Jeremy:  I was beginning to think I was going to have to pass the curse along in order to form a pack until I sensed another wolf here.  I guess beggars can't be choosers.  You wouldn't be my first choice but you'll do. I'll see you on the next full moon.

Katherine:  Hold on there a minute!  I never agreed to be in a pack with you, in fact you never even asked me if I wanted to.  You just assumed I would.


Jeremy:  Well we are the only two wolves around.  Who else would be in my pack?

Katherine: Oh so now not only do you assume I will join your pack, you made yourself the leader also.  Listen I'm not running with you at any time....


The expression on Katherine's face turned serious as she noticed that the post man had just arrived so it was time for her daily nervous breakdown.  Her heart stopped as she prepared to read what always turned out to be rejection letters.  Today she would have an audience for this daily ritual, damn that stupid Murphy's Law.

Jeremy:  Something wrong Kathy?

Katherine: Will you excuse me for a minute.  I'm waiting for something important to be delivered in the mail.


 She goes to pick up the mail and she reads the letter that came with the package.

Dear Ms. Wood:

We are happy to inform you that Silken Devotion Publishing has decided to give "Romance on the Horizon" the chance it deserves.  A contract for your approval is enclosed with this letter as well as a printed copy of your book.  Please review the terms and if acceptable, return it to us within 7 days.

Welcome to Silken Devotion Publishing and we look forward to reviewing your future submissions.

Sincerely,


Myron T. Phillips


Finally someone wanted to publish her book and Silken Devotion Publishing was looking forward to her second book.  She thought her luck was about to change until she read the letter again and realized that Silken Devotion only published romance novels.  It looked like she failed again but if this was the only way she could get the message out then so be it.  She began to smile which she had not done in a long time.


Jeremy:  Looks like its good news, this is the first time I ever seen a smile on your face.

Katherine: It is good news, my book is being published and I was offered a contract.

Jeremy:  Well Congratulations Kathy!  You need to go celebrate; you should call some friends and go out.

Katherine:  I'm a lone wolf; I don't have any friends here.


Jeremy:  I'm not doing anything, why don't you let me buy you a drink?

This man did indeed annoy her but right at this moment she was so happy even he couldn't ruin her mood.  She  did want to celebrate and wanted to share this moment with someone but she didn't know anyone else here in Meadow Glen.  He may have not been her first choice but he will do. As he said beggars can't be choosers.  Against her better judgment she heard herself saying these words.


Katherine:  Why thank you.  I think I will take you up on that offer.


They went to the Red Flame Bar and Grill and Katherine did have to admit it was pretty nice to have some company.  Spending time with Jeremy wasn't as bad as she thought and to her surprise he seemed quite friendly today.

Jeremy: So Kathy...

Katherine:  My name is Katherine.


Jeremy:  Getting your book published is quite an accomplishment.  Do you mind if I ask what kind of book is it.

Katherine:  It's a romance novel.  Most of the story you already know.

Jeremy: I do?

Katherine:  It’s the story you heard me tell a million times in the bars.  I actually turned that into a novel.


Jeremy:  Oh that story!  Well I think that turning it into a novel was a stroke of genius.  I can't wait to read it.  How soon will it be in paperback?

Katherine: Paperback?

Jeremy:  I'm not serious.  I'll be reading as soon as it’s released.  I always support my pack mates.


Katherine:  You still think I am going to be in your pack?

Jeremy: Why not?

Katherine:  Maybe because you haven't asked me, you just assumed.


Jeremy:  Do you really plan to run alone?  Live your whole life as a lone wolf with no one or nobody.

Katherine:  Maybe I like my life that way.

Jeremy:  If you really wanted to be alone, than why did you accept my invitation?  You could have come here by yourself.


Katherine: A momentary lapse in judgment, one that will never happen again.

Jeremy:  I guess it figures that someone as whiny as you would want to spend time alone gives you more to whine about.  No wonder your knickers are always in a knot.

Katherine:  Whiny?  Knickers in a knot?  Well I have never.....


Jeremy:  Maybe you should so you won't be so frustrated and uptight all the time.


There it was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Katherine had enough after that last remark.  Katherine had never met a person more rude in her life and that last statement was totally uncalled for.  She stood up and slapped him across the face before she steamed out of the bar.  At this point her first and only priority was finding a new place to live as soon as she was able.


The next morning Katherine signed the contract and delivered it to the offices of Silken Devotion Publishing.  The contract called for her to write 10 romance novels so she had 9 more to go.  


They did ask her to make the bedrooms scenes just a little bit steamier but not too erotic. This was a problem as she was still a virgin and wasn't quite sure how to write this. Again she started to worry, the only man she ever had any feeling for was Spencer and of course she never even kissed him. 


As she was looking out the window......




 she had to fan herself as she was beginning to understand.

Katherine: Ohhhh Myyyy!

To be continued.....

Author's Note:

Katherine must do the following for the challenge:


  •           Join the writer career 
  • ·        Write a romance book
  • ·        Create a best seller
  • ·        Date one person through the young adult stage
  • ·        Marry as an adult (Must be the same person dated as a young adult)
  • ·        Have one kid as an adult  (must happen after marriage) 
  • ·        Write at least 10 romance stories
  • ·        Have a date night every week
  • ·        Stay with spouse until death do us part.


Katherine so far has written 3 out of the 10 romance novels and she is on level 6 of the writer career. Jeremy career and ltw is athlete and he is on level 6, according to Going Solo Rules his should not count but I am only doing 10 generations here so I will not repeat his career or ltw regardless if he achieves it or not.  I changed the amount of children always to 1 for each generation to follow Going Solo Rules.  Jeremy is the only sim she has ever dated as even in the main story she was never romantically involved with anyone including Spencer and they go on dates on his days off from work so I never miss.

Bonus shots:




They are actually very sweet together, here is a shot of them attending a costume party.  They choose spun into their own costumes.



13 comments:

  1. Jeremy: Maybe you should so you won't be so frustrated and uptight all the time. hahahaha OMG I nearly spit out my coke when I read that. I laughed so damn hard, Jeremy was so wrong for saying that. LOL

    I love the relationship those two are forming. The way they move from annoyed, to okay, then back to annoyed with each other is quite seamless! Job well done on that PG! That whole thing was awesome and now she's spying on his as he works out shirtless next door. Me thinks she will find lots of material to help her write the steamy scenes using Jeremy as her muse. LOL should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For as much as they fight nor will either admit it, there is a lot of attraction there. They both showed signs of something more under all that fighting. They haven't even admitted their attraction to themselves yet but that will be soon. I think Jeremy will inspire a lot of steamy love scenes for her heroines, for a very long time as he is giving her a lot of thoughts that even Spencer didn't give her.

      Delete
  2. OMG! My coffee went down the wrong way when I read what Jeremy said. Ohhh, that was SOOO wrong, but so, so hilarious! These two just crack me up. They go from being annoyed with each other to somewhat civil to getting totally pissed. Love it! And her spying on him as he works out...I'm with Jazen on this one. She'll find plenty of material for the steamy scenes with Jeremy as her inspiration. Love the fanning herself. I couldn't picture Katherine doing that, but she does need to lighten up and enjoy life. :)

    More, more, more please. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two have a love/hate relationship and as so much as they can't stand each other the will find out they can't live without each other. They are more attracted to each other than either one of them will admit. Katherine wasn't expecting to be that attracted to him but when she was spying on him it hit her and she wasn't expecting it. She does need to lighten up and learn to enjoy herself and maybe once she does that she will open herself up more to him.

      Delete
  3. Bahah. He may be obnoxious but he does have a point. For a minute there I thought he was going to turn out to be an okay guy. It only lasted a minute ;-)

    I like the adaptations! This sounds like an interesting challenge on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tact is not one of Jeremy's strong points and he happens to be right as she needs to loosen up, he just went about it all wrong. I have a feeling Katherine thought the same that he would be an ok guy but it didn't last long at all.

      I'm loving this challenge and I'm having fun with it so far.

      Delete
  4. I see a "love in the air" but Jeremy should learn to shut up before is too late. He seems to be a good guy though.
    What kind of challenge is this you're doing with her? Looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Jeremy is very funny. I think it's kind of a perfect fit for Katherine, she needs someone who can loosen her up, she is rather uptight most of the time. If Jeremy can manage to put up with her whining maybe they can be better friends, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are complete opposites but you know what they say opposites do attract. Jeremy is not afraid to say the things she needs to hear so they might just be perfect for each other even though they will always be at each other's throats.

      Delete
  6. Okay this is awesome :D
    I really want more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy. He really doesn't put on gloves when he's dealing with her. Poor girl. It's a wonder she hasn't broken down yet with all the bad luck in her life.
    Jeremy was totes working out outside on purpose to show her what she's missing out. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He tells her like it is all the time and most of what he says she really needs to hear.

      Jeremy was putting on a show alright. One she didn't mind watching.

      Delete