Monday, October 13, 2014

Chapter 59-Family Ties



The last time Caleb brought a newborn home from the hospital it was his neice.  He stood by Sandi and helped her raise Starr as if she was his own.  Although he will always share a special bond with his neice, she wasn't his daughter.  This time it was different Hope was his wife and Trevor was his son, he wouldn't have to step aside this time.  Everynight he would come home to his family and the loving home he always wanted.

Trevor stole both of their hearts instantly and he was treated as if he were the crown prince. Caleb didn't waste any time as he already contacted the local little league association to find out how soon he could sign Trevor up.  Hope called her sister and parents with baby updates constantly and sent plenty of pictures.  Play dates with his cousin Sonya were already being scheduled, even though the infants were not old enough yet.


Starr had quite another idea about babies.  Staying at her Uncle's house was supposed to keep her away from the noise that babies make at the ungodly hour of 6AM.  This kid seemed to have a built in alarm that would always make him scream at that same time every morning and it never failed his loudest days were the ones where Starr had a splitting headache.  When her baby cousin while he was asleep he was kind of cute, but when he was awake boy did that kid have a set of lungs on him.

Until her house was finished her only options were stay here or move back in with her parents.   At home she would be sharing a room with Lauren and of course they had their own little loud person living over there. She knew she was better off staying here with Caleb and Hope for the time being. Maybe she would luck out and Nick would find another assignment for her ASAP.  She didn't care where it was and she would even go back to those horrible accommodations in Egypt as long as she had some quiet.


Help soon arrived in the form of Grandparents.  Davis and Cora had planned a visit to meet their first Grandchild and they had arrived with plans of spoiling him rotten.  They adored the little boy and were constantly holding and playing with him which to Starr's relief kept him quiet.  Now all Starr had to do was figure out a way to keep them in Aurora Skies until her house was finished so she could actually sleep in the morning.  Luckily for Starr they decided to stay until his first birthday as they wanted to spend some time with him and they did indeed miss their daughter.


Still feeling the buzz from the night before Starr tried to slip into the house quietly.  She didn't mind her Uncle seeing her as she still had him wrapped around her little finger, it was the baby she didn't want to wake up.  She already knew she would have a monster headache that day and the last thing she needed was the kid screaming at the top of his lungs.


Davis: Rough Night?

Starr: I didn't know you would be awake this early.

Davis: My wife and I decided to let Hope and Caleb catch up on some much needed sleep so we are on baby duty this morning.  You didn't drive home in that condition did you?

Starr: I wasn't the designated driver last night.  You do realize that I am of legal age to frequent clubs.

Davis: I'm not trying to pass judgement, Lord knows I'm the last one who should do that.  I was your age at one time and I was known to frequent a club or two myself.   I know all too well what can happen to a young girl out there and I just want to make sure that you no harm ever comes to you.


Starr: No need to worry about me, if anyone tries anything I can be a beast when I want to.  I'm a wolf remember, I can take care of myself.

Davis: I'm sure you can protect yourself physically as any other wolf can, but that is not the only way you can be taken advantage of.  There are other ways to throw you off your game especially when you already had a little bit too much of the juice to think straight.  Never let anyone make you a drink that you do not know and never ever leave your drink unattended.  Anyone can put anything in there and you will not realize it until its too late.

Starr: My Grandfather told me about this same thing already.


Davis:  I hoped you listened to your Grandfather, he knows what he is talking about. It is still worth hearing this advice again.  If anyone ever makes you feel uncomfortable let someone know. it doesn't matter who anyone, your father, grandfather, or your uncle anyone.  You can even talk with my brother, I know he would help.  Speaking of my brother, I thought you worked for him.  Don't you have a job to go to?

Starr:  Yes Nick is my boss but I'm not an office person.  I have a special contract set up that I work in the field and go out on assignments as needed.  This way my days are free to work on my art and .....

Davis: your nights are free to go club hopping.  Nice working hours if you can get them.


During their visit Nick was over often with the excuse to see his brother.  Although they spent plenty of time together, Davis was not the only person Nick wanted to see at this house.  Truth be told he also was there to see a certain blonde werewolf and Davis caught onto it quickly.


Nick:  Starr might I have a moment of your time.  I've been asked to write a story on the nectar industry in France and I need a photographer.  Would you be interested in the assignment?

Starr:  France!  Sure as hell yeah!  When do we leave?

Nick: In a few days, I'll set up the details and bring you the flight arrangements when they are available.

Starr:  If you will excuse me, I have to get ready for the birthday party.  Will talk to you later and I'll be looking forward to France.

Nick: So will I.


Davis: Why don't you just ask her out already?  You know you want to.

Nick:  Come on Davis you know that is not a good idea.  She is an employee, I shouldn't.

Davis:  Yes that is right you shouldn't ask her on a date as that is not professional, it is a much better idea to take her to the city of love instead.  You could have taken any photographer on staff, why her?

Nick:  She is the one with the most talent.  She was my first choice for purely professional reasons.

Davis: Keep saying that, maybe you will believe it.  I've seen the way you looked at her when she walked into the room and I noticed you couldn't take your eyes off of her at the wedding.  Are you really coming over here to shoot the breeze with me everyday or are you hoping to run into her?

Nick:  Alright, I'll admit it.  She is very attractive and I do like her, but its still not a good idea to get involved with an employee.

Davis:  She already told me that she is not a regular 9-5 employee, there really is no reason you can't date her.  The birthday party is going to start soon, why don't you go home get changed.  Get out of that suit and maybe you won't be so professional and you will at least talk to her later.






The entire family gathered together to watch Trevor blow out the birthday candles, he aged into a toddler.  He got his father's eyes and his grandmother's hair.  Even though he is still a toddler I can see Hope in him too.  Trevor got a nice mix from both sides of the family.


Nick: I just wanted to say goodnight and tell you that I will be here on Friday with the flight arrangements.

Starr: Didn't you hear my house is ready and I'm going to move tomorrow.  I'll send you an email with my new address.

Nick: If you need any help moving, I would be happy to be of assistance.


Starr: I really could use the help, I would really appreciate it.


Nick:  What time should I be there?

To be continued.......

Author's Note:  I would like to thank Jazen for the loan of Davis and Cora.  She has an awesome story and its highly recommended reading.

Bonus shots from the birthday Party:


Look who had the nerve to try and crash the party.  She was removed.

Here are some more pictures from the birthday party:





15 comments:

  1. Nice try bringing a peace offering of goofy carbonara, Valerie! It's probably full of garlic!

    "Frequent" is for sure the word for what Starr is doing. I like that she has another watchful eye keeping track of her. Davis would surely have good advice for her. Poor Nick, I hope he realizes for as good a show she puts on, she might be good for a fun time, but settling down isn't anywhere on her radar. There may be a "Starr's Broken Hearts Club" by the time she's done.

    Nice of grandma and grandpa to come and visit, I hope they don't get any ideas, as they seem to be quite prolific themselves! I'm sure they are just soaking up that baby time! But no kidding, that house was getting pretty full, I'm not suprised to see Starr go. France, hmm? Sounds like we're due a charming, smooth talking local. Poor Nick, I hope his plans aren't too grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *goopy. You know the drill...

      P.s. Thank you!!! The gift was so very sweet and much appreciated. I will use it for sure. You have always been so kind and generous. I hope you know I enjoy your friendship.

      And I should probably go place a few over at Eric and Sarah's house! ;)

      Delete
    2. P.p.s. Sandy seems more interested in what great-grandma Holly & Emmett are doing than celebrating the birthday in those pictures! Haha! I was like "what is she looking at... oh! Oh my!" The flame has never dimmed for those two.

      Delete
    3. When I seen Valerie as one of the party crashers I couldn't believe it and she was shown the door again very quickly.

      Starr is not really a heartbreaker, she just wants to go out and party so settling down is not going to happen anytime soon. Nick is holding himself back also as they have a working relationship but he is clearly infactuated with her. France will be interesting.

      Holly and Emmett had my laughing and I didn't even notice until I saw the pictures later on. Grandma and Grandpa came with intentions of spoiling that little boy.

      You are quite welcome and enjoy the gift and I treasure your friendship also :)

      Delete
  2. Awww...sweet update! Caleb. I just love him. His thoughts about helping to raise Sandi and how he finally got to be there for his own child, just too sweet! That is another bachelor that has settled nicely into family life! No more being married to only his job. It's great to see.

    Cora and Davis there to spoil Trevor. LOL I bet they did just that. Hopefully you didn't send them home with baby fever...I'll let you know. ;)

    Starr...Starr...Starr....out partying all night, can't get away from babies. Having wolf hearing is a downside when there's a screaming kid around. LOL And look at Davis getting all paternal. Hopefully she does listen because if anyone could know what happens at clubs it's Wolfie and Davis LOL. Thought it was funny how Davis called his brother out on his attraction. Look at him telling Nick to go for it. LOL Finding work arounds to that boss/employee thing.

    Nick offering to help her move...how sweet and that means alone time with her...Can't wait to see what happens on that trip to the city of love.

    LOL I didn't even notice Holly and Emmett until Holly said something. They were not interested in seeing Trevor age up. LOL

    Valarie....thought no one would notice huh??? too funny.

    great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb is a great guy and he deserved some happiness which he finally has.

      Like Wolfie, Davis has come a long way and is a total Dad. He figured Starr out for the type he was and he wants to make sure her eyes are open. His warning might have fallen on deaf ears though. Anyone can see Nick is infatuated with her but he is holding himself back due to work issues.

      France should be fun and will be the focus of the next update.

      Delete
  3. This was so awesome! Trevor is a cutie, and I love seeing Caleb being the proud papa. I just adore Caleb. :) He's such a good guy, and I'm so glad he's finally getting the happiness he deserves.

    Loved how Davis was being all paternal with Starr. He'd definitely be the one to know what goes on in places like that. And Nick...oh my! Can't wait to see what happens there. It's clear he's attracted to her.

    I had to laugh at Starr's reaction to the screaming kid. LOL! I just can't imagine her settling down and becoming a mother, but of course, we all know that will happen eventually.

    Oh, Valerie...Valerie...Valerie...Don't you have any common sense? LOL! Nobody wants you there. Nice try but no jive.

    Can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor is a cutie and I have a feeling he is going to grow into a very handsome young man. I'm even thinking of Trevor taking after his Dad and joining the force too, we will see him in University for sure with the current heir at the time.

      Lets hope that Starr listens to Davis advice and yes Nick is very attracted to her.

      Starr has no choice in this someday she will be taking care of a screaming baby herself, hopefully she will be a changed woman by that time.

      Delete
  4. Hmm, it seems to me that Nick is forgetting EA made Werewolves natural enemies to the Vamps lol. We will see how it all works out. But Nick does awful sweet with her! So we will see. : ) Starr is now in a love Polygon? wow, more soap drama ahead! I love this update it's so sweet. Caleb is a proud daddy and family man he deserves it! This time he gets little Trevor all to himself. Seems like Davis and Cora are spoiling there little grandson. <3 Which pose player are you using? Just curious. I bet the day Starr becomes a mother she is going to hire a full time nanny.... I am hoping I am wrong lol. Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, is the whole never leave your drink alone warnings. From both Davis and Grandpa Wolfie could be foreshadowing something in Starr's future? Also Valerie get back home to your two babies! Just some additional thoughts.

      Delete
    2. I'm starting to question the natural enemies aspect as Starr and Nick do get along and Valerie can't get along with anyone at all. I keep getting messages that her and Edvin are at each others throats. More soap drama coming up but someone is very out of that Polygon as you will soon see.

      Valerie does need to take care of her babies but soon enough she won't even be doing that. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  5. I love how you're bringing Hope's Family into your story. Hope seems to have chaged a lot, she was more like Starr. I'm actually surprised they're not best friends by now. I think Hope has other interests, since she's now a mother.
    Funny how Davis tried to give Starr some pieces of advice, but I'm not sure if she was really interesting on hearing it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grubers are just like the Landgraabs and they are very close with each other. Hope was a party girl but now she is a wife and mother and her life changed.

      Davis recognized the type of life that Starr was living and now that he changed and has daughters her age, he felt it necessary to give her a little advise. We have to hope that it didn't fall on deaf ears.

      Delete
  6. Aww yay Davis, he's such a sweetie when he's not being overbearing. I know he usually only does that to his daughters, LOL, but it's very nice seeing the more normal side of him.
    Eww Valerie get your stanky ass out of here. -__- LOL. Serves her right that you removed her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis is a sweetie and Starr is about the age of his own daughters so he did get a little paternal with her and gave her some good advice. Both Wolfie and Davis do understand her as she is the female version of both of them.

      I couldn't believe when Valerie turned out to be one of the party crashers. It is kind of funny that the worst possible sim always turns out to crash the party.

      Delete