Thursday, September 25, 2014

Chapter 55.2-Caleb and Hope's Wedding pt 1



The last two weddings in this family ended up in disaster simply because these kids did not believe in what they called "silly superstitions" and Abby had enough of that.  If they were so silly why was Dylan kidnapped and Caleb heartbroken by her own daughter.   Caleb found someone new and he was moving on with his life and Abby was going to make sure everything went as planned.  If he wanted to go anywhere near the bride before the wedding, he was going to have get past her and that was not going to happen.



Abby also ordered Dylan to cast good luck charms on both Caleb and Hope as she was leaving nothing to chance this time or any other time after this. Dylan did as he was told as he knew that he should not argue with his mother-in-law when it came to silly superstitions.


Cora and Grace helped Hope get ready for the wedding and Cora couldn't believe what a beautiful bride her daughter was.   How did this happen and where did all the time go by, it seemed like just yesterday both of them were little girls, but somehow they both grew into beautiful women. She had no idea how she would get through this day, as tears were already coming to her eyes.


Grace: I have a wedding gift to give to you.  It's not from me it is from Jonas.

Hope: That was so sweet of him, let me read the card:

Dearest Hope,

Would like to congratulate you
and wish you luck as you start your new
life with your new husband.  I hope Caleb
knows what a lucky man he really is.

This is just a little something for a romantic
evening.  A bottle of champagne and some
candles.

All My Best,

Jonas


Davis:  The limo is waiting for us downstairs, its time to leave.

Hope:  I'm ready to go

Davis: Something I want to tell you first.  Are you sure this is what you want to do, you don't have to go through with this.  Just say the word and we are outta of here.

Hope:  I love Caleb and I have never been more sure of anything in my life.

Davis:  Just remember if anything at all goes wrong at any time, you mother and I will always be here for you.

Hope:  I know that Dad and I love you for it.

Davis: Just one more thing before we go.  You look beautiful.


The guests from the Going Solo community have started to arrive, Vuneca's Wind Solo.


Shafer249's Deliliah Burnbright


ShaliANel's  Morrigan Seaworthy


HollyhocksFluff's Aurora Borealias


Sweetnightingales's Lenora Atherton


The Groom and his Best Man take their places.


Holly and Emmett arrive next with their youngest son Marty.


Wolfie and Abby


Cora, the mother of the bride

Now its time for the bridal party to enter


The Bride's brother and Sister, Erin and Carter.


The Groom's Niece and the Bride's Uncle,  Starr and Nick


The Groom's Sister-in-law and his partner, Sandi and Jules.


The Groom's Niece Lauren as the flower girl and The Groom's Nephew Robin as the Ring Bearer.


The Bride's Sister Grace as the Maid of Honor.



Here comes the Bride.


Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man, Caleb McIntyre and this woman, Hope Gruber, in matrimony.

If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold your peace.

The couple has written their own vows.


When I was approached to do a reality show, I thought sure why not?  It should be fun and I had some vacation time coming to me.  It was a crazy impulse that I thought wouldn't amount to much except a free vacation.  Than I met you and I knew this was much more than a free vacation, I fell in love with you in an instant.  It wasn't until you confessed your love after you turned the cameras off that I realized this really was my reality.  I promise to love, cherish and remain faithful to you for the rest of my days. This is the solemn promise that I make to you today.


I, Hope Gruber, take you Caleb McIntyre, to be my husband,
to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish;
from this day forward until death do us part.

With this ring I thee wed.


When I agreed to do this show I was running away from my problems and little did I know at the time I was really running to the solution.  I was a shell of the man I once was but the minute our eyes met I became whole again.  Love at first sight I always considered to be a myth, there wasn't any way I thought it ever could happen to me. The thought of a life without you is inconceivable to me and I plan to spend my days making you as happy as you have made me.  You are my Queen.


I, Caleb McIntyre, take you Hope Gruber, to be my wife, 
to have and to hold from this day forward, 
for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, 
in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; 
from this day forward until death do us part. 

With this ring, I thee wed.


Those which the Almighty Forces of PG and Jazen has joined together, let no sim or bad story progression curve balls put asunder.

In so much as Caleb and Hope have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnessed the same before the Almighty Forces and the Entire Going Solo Community, having given and pledged their troth, each to the other, and having declared the same by the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce that they are husband and wife.


You may seal the promise you made today with a kiss.


May I present to you for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs.  McIntyre.








Dylan seems a bit emotional.  I expected Holly to be emotional but not Dylan.


Davis seems pretty emotional too.


Caleb:  Dylan I need your help, it is about the wedding vows I made today.

Dylan: Bro, don't worry you everything is fine, you two belong together.

Caleb: I'm not questioning my feelings or Hope's, it is the death do you part I'm having trouble with. She is human and I'm not, someday that part will happen and I'll never be able to deal with that.  Will you use your hocus pocus powers to make a potion to turn me human.

To be Continued.....

Author's Note: The reception and Honeymoon will continue on the next update.

Bonus Shot:


Why do all my sims think of pools at the same time?  Does this happen in anyone else's game?

24 comments:

  1. Those which the Almighty Forces of PG and Jazen has joined together, let no sim or bad story progression curve balls put asunder.----LMAO with this line....bad story progression curve ball hahahahaha

    Well...all I can say is awwww. How very sweet was all of that. Davis still trying to talk her out of it, but he knew she was making the right choice. How very dad like to say she is always welcomed back home, like she ever had doubt on that. :) Love close families.

    The vows were touching and Abby had me laughing at her superstitions. She was a woman on a mission! Dylan was a wise man to simply do as he was told. :D Loved the dresses you put the wedding party in. Everything was perfect!

    That ending....wow Caleb is ready to forsake his vampire-ism for her. That is...wow...how very touching. Can't wait to hear Dylan's response to his request.

    and no...my sims rarely think of going to the pool and never all at the same time. That is something strictly for you I think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole thing did start out with a SP curve ball, but I liked the way this one turned out. They really do belong together.

      I figured that Davis would want to ask her just one more time if she was sure and that she still had an option if she wasn't They are a close family and I figured he would want to tell her that she could come back home again if she wanted too.

      Abby is still mad at Sandi for letting Dylan see the dress before the wedding, there was no way on earth she was letting Caleb anywhere near the bride. Wolfie and Abby seemed to be acting like the grooms parents in this.

      Caleb has that one fear of being abandoned which started at a young age with his mother, he doesn't want to go through that again.

      Delete
    2. Well when you think about it, they are sort of like his parents. True he's no longer married to Valarie, but he's still just as much family thanks to Dylan. They stepped into that role naturally and without a second thought. You saw that with them simply being there to support Caleb at the wedding and look at how Wolfie stood up for him to Davis. Caleb really did get the one thing he always wanted, a real family and now with Hope that piece is complete. :)

      Delete
    3. Caleb really did find his happy ending, even though there is more story to come. He is also going to prove himself to be more dedicated to the family pretty soon.

      Delete
  2. Awww, this was lovely! What a lovely wedding, and the vows were very touching. I had to laugh at the part of Almighty Forces of PG and Jazen joining together. That line was just too funny. And bad Story Progression curve balls - hehehehe! Thanks for the smiles and giggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really shouldn't complain about SP on this one as bad SP gave me a great story this time around. This was a fun story to write and so glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. "Those which the Almighty Forces of PG and Jazen has joined together, let no sim or bad story progression curve balls put asunder."

    Hahahaha! that's just perfect! and totally something to hope for!

    Lovely update. Beautiful wedding. Great guest list! Their vows were so sweet. They're going to be great with each other.

    Giving up being a vampire? I figured it would go the other way like her parents did. So sweet though!

    My sims don't really thingk of pools either. They do think of food at the same time a lot, or they used to all hate on Emmaline at the same time! HA!

    I can't wait for pt 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing the wedding and I have to thank everyone for sending their sims as having the whole going solo community there makes it even more special.

      Caleb would be devastated without her and he would do anything for her even forsake his own powers.

      I don't get the pools thing either and why that keeps happening, its really shame. btw I'm with your sims on Emmaline hating. I think we all hated her with a passion.

      Delete
  4. Well I am glad Davis did walk his daughter down the aisle. Beautiful wedding. So sweet of Caleb wanting to give up being a vampire for her! But I bet Hope would rather change for him. But we'll soon find out. Can't wait to see Dylan's reaction to that request! The wedding was beautiful now on to the reception. Haha, everyone to the pool! Nice bonus shot. Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis came around and Kerri got her way as she told him to walk her down the aisle with a smile on his face.

      Dylan takes the situation into his own hands on this way and with a good reason.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful wedding, beautiful pictures. I loved the poses you chose, very realistic.
    Sweet of Caleb giving up his vampire status but he'd rather offer her the vampire gift. This way they could be together forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the big weddings and love having the whole going solo community present there as these are special occasions. Caleb has a fear of being left alone from his experience of being abandoned as a child. When he realized that someday he would lose Hope too, he knew he couldn't handle it. He loves her so much that he is willing to die for her.

      Delete
  6. Well, that was funny and beautiful both at the same time :D The wedding was lovely, it was really nice seeing everyone together in the same place! It's nice that Caleb is offering to become a human, but he really should talk this through with her. Maybe she really wants to be a vampire?

    I can't explain the pool thing, but my sims do it, too :P Though I don't normally have this many sims in one room when it happens ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will probably not be the last big wedding that I do, I love doing them when the situation is right. It was right for Wolfie and Abby and in this case too. I love the crossovers so much and having other Going Solo Sims there seem to make it special. I can not thank you enough for recreating the Sims 3 Morrigan, I really loved having her there.

      Caleb never wants to live without his wife and his fear of being abandoned that is still with him took over. He really is not thinking straight which Dylan already knows. He does need to talk to Hope.

      Thank God! I'm not the only one with the pool thing. I have no idea why they all do that at the same time and in different save files.

      Delete
  7. Oh hmm maybe I forgot one detail, that Hope is human and not a vampire, LOL. I wonder what will happen with all of that. O_O It's a scary decision.
    It was a pretty wedding and everyone looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a vampire in Jazen's story but Hope and Grace were both born human. Caleb can't imagine a life without Hope but he really should talk to her before making a decision. Thanks so much I really had fun with this wedding and I wanted it to be beautiful for them.

      Delete
  8. This is really good so far and I'm really enjoying, but I have one question though how do you make the sims link arms and walk people down the aisle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a mod that you can use to pose the sims in different positions. Its called Pose Player and you can download it free at Mod the Sims.

      Delete
  9. Emotional Dylan cracked me up.
    I assume this is a result of a bachelor challenge for Caleb, which I didn't read. I'm happy for him though. Hope looks like a really nice girl. The man deserves some happiness at last. Hopefully those good luck charms work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bachelor challenge was not really part of the story unless you count the first part where it shows how badly Caleb's marriage to Valerie really was. All of that was done by story progression so I felt bad for Caleb and found him a good wife.

      Delete
  10. Aww, what a sweet wedding. And Holly looks gorgeous in that dress + veil.

    And maybe your sims just REALLY like pools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that dress too. I had my friend who submitted her to the bachelor challenge pick out the dress and she did a great job.

      This chapter was originally posted after the no pools or toddlers in Sims 4 was made. I still believe they were holding their own protest for pools LOL!

      Delete
  11. I love your weddings! Aww... so happy for Caleb and Hope. What a beautiful couple! And yes, the pools thing happens in my game sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you have the pools too! Isn't it so strange that they do that all at the same time. Usually when I load up the game.

      Weddings are a lot of work but I still enjoy doing them especially when I really love the couple that is getting hitched. The ending of the bachelor challenge which they did on their own made them a favorite couple for me.

      Delete