Friday, August 1, 2014

Chapter 32-A Blast from the Past

This chapter was originally posted on 5/28/14.


Before anyone knew it the time had come for the family to gather together to celebrate Sandi's birthday.


Dylan was invited and the invitation was extended to his brother Caleb.  Even though Sandi never really cared for Caleb, her parents invited him anyway.  Caleb must have thought this to be a black tie event.


Sandi: I wish to always have good fashion sense.


She blew out the candles.


As everyone cheered her on she grew into a beautiful young woman.


Well so much for good fashion sense but at least she kept her hair.


After a trip to the dresser we see Generation #4 as a young adult.

Lifetime wish-Pervasive Private Eye
Traits-Brave, Clumsy, Computer Whiz, Perceptive and Disciplined.



The High School held the Graduation ceremony at City Hall the very next day and Sandi was Class Valedictorian and Voted Most Likely to Hack the Military Facility.


After a family dinner at the Bistro, Sandi went to Dylan's house so they could make some plans to leave for University.


Dylan was not home but Caleb was and he invited her in to wait for Dylan as he wanted to have a little talk with her without Dylan present.


Caleb: Well Princess I hope you are proud of yourself, you ruined my brother's life.

Sandi: What in the world are you talking about.  I'm just here to find out when he is leaving for university so we can make plans together.

Caleb: that is what I am talking about, University.  He didn't want to tell you this but I will.  He is not going.

Sandi: What do you mean he is not going, he always talked about studying science.  It was his dream.


Caleb: I know that this is not going to be easy to explain to someone who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth but I am going to try to.  Money is a problem for us common folk and especially for a couple of kids who grew up in the foster care system.  If our social worker wasn't granted special permission to adopt and move us to Moonlight Falls after her retirement, we would have never been adopted.  We were both counting on scholarships and while grades came easy for you and I, Dylan needed to work and study more.  If he didn't spend so much time with you maybe he would have qualified for one and he would still have his dream.


Sandi:  This can't be true, there has to be other options.

Caleb: Financial Aid will not pay for everything and Dylan did not even qualify for a partial scholarship.  He has no other option, he can't go.

Sandi: There are always options, you just have to know where to find them. In fact I just thought of one right now.


Caleb: What are you going to do Princess, have Daddy write out a check?  You and I both know Dylan is way too proud to accept charity.

Sandi: Don't you think I know that already and I wasn't going to ask my father for a check.  And will you stop calling me Princess!

Caleb: Well that is what you are, living in that big house and never having to worry about where your next meal is coming from.  Daddy will always be there with his checkbook and giving you everything you ever wanted.


Sandi: You really don't know me well enough to make these assumptions. Just because my family has money doesn't mean I believe all problems can be solved by having Daddy write a check.  I do have a plan and it doesn't involve my father at all.

Caleb: Oh really this ought to be, and excuse the pun, rich.  I would like to hear your plan, go ahead and explain Princess.

Sandi: We need to talk to my Grandmother.


Caleb: Oh so that's your big plan, instead of Daddy writing the check Grandma will.



Sandi: Can you let me finish before you come up with any more sarcastic remarks.  I'm sure you are familiar with the saying "give a man a fish feed him for a day, but teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

I don't know much about witchcraft but I know enough that he has the power inside of him to handle this problem on his own.  Being a werewolf I wouldn't know how but my Grandmother is a very powerful witch and she would have the answer.


Caleb: Well Princess I stand corrected, you did have a good plan.  I admit when I'm wrong and I should have listened, let’s just hope this works.  Now let’s see those teeth Wolf Girl, I'm sure mine are more impressive.


Sandi: In your dreams, Vampire.  Just get a look at these.


Caleb: Impressive, but not enough.


Caleb: Just take a look at these babies. (These two are constantly doing this)


Dylan arrives home just in time to see that to see that last exchange.  The green eyed monster must have walked in with him because he was feeling a tad bit jealous watching those two actually getting along for a change.  Caleb never liked Sandi, always called her the rich bitch behind her back and princess as a derogatory name to her face.  Sandi always tolerated Caleb for his sake, so why were they laughing and having fun together while he was not at home?


Dylan: Well, Well, Well what do we have here, my girlfriend and my brother.  What have you two been talking about.

Caleb: You! And yes I told her everything.

Dylan: I didn't want her to know anything.

Caleb: Eventually she would have figured out you weren't there, someone had to tell her. I'm glad I did, to my surprise she actually had a good idea.

Dylan: If Mr. Skeptic over there thinks it’s a good idea, let me in on the secret.


Sandi explains her plan to Dylan which puts a smile back on his face.  Not only could his dream possibly come true but he would not have to be separated from his angel while she was at uni.


The two wanted some alone time together and in that small house it was not possible.  Even though it was snowing the two went outside to watch the stars as they made plans for their future together.


Rose: My Granddaughter was right to bring you here, a simple conversation spell is the answer.  Has anyone showed you how to do this.

Dylan: No one has, I really do not know much about spell casting, just some basic spells I picked up from here and there.

Rose: Well than you are going to learn from the master.


Rose: You see that fish on the coffee table, I just converted it from an apple this morning.  

Dylan: You can create sea life from an apple.  Amazing

Rose: You have the power to do it too.  Watch and Learn.


Rose twirls her magic wand and starts her incantation.

Our lesson is about to begin
on the power he holds deep within
Spiritual forces here on earth
Show this warlock what he's worth


and in a puff of smoke


The fish turned into a gem, which could be cut and consigned.


Dylan: That was amazing.  I could really do that.

Rose: You sure can, you have plenty of magic in you.  Now conjure an apple and you try it.



Dylan: 
Magic performed before my very eyes
Hope is not all gone to my surprise
Heat rises and fires will burn
Spirits show me how I can learn


And some Mummitomium appeared in place of the apple.


Dylan: If I can do this I will have no problem paying tuition.  I don't know how to thank you Mrs. Landgraab.

Rose: You can thank me by continuing to come here for lessons, you can be a very powerful warlock with the right guidance. 

Dylan: I sure will, I didn't know any of this was possible.


All of them were amazed by the magic they just witnessed but someone else was watching and he was not amazed at all.


Brandon: That should be me in there, Sandi is my girl. 


To everyone else in the world Brandon seemed to be talking to himself, but according to him he was talking with his Uncle Nick.  Everywhere he went his Uncle was there inside of his head and Uncle Nick always seemed to have the best advice.


Voice of Nick: Are you going to let that Warlock steal your girl?

Brandon: No I'm not but what can I do about it?


Voice of Nick: Oh you know what to do boy, eliminate the warlock.

Brandon: Yes the warlock must die and then I can have my Sandi back.


Voice of Nick: She betrayed you and she needs to be punished.  After you get rid of the warlock, take the girl and eliminate her too.

Brandon: But I don't want to eliminate her.

Voice of Nick: You have no choice, she betrayed you once and she can do it again.  The only way to make sure another man does not take your girl ever again is to eliminate her.

To be continued......



9 comments:

  1. Oh for christ's sake Nick, just stay dead already -.-
    'I wish to always have good fashion sense' Good girl! You focus on the important things in life! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so lucky with that shot. Nick died at Rose's house and he happened to haunt that night and go straight to Brandon. That couldn't have worked out better even if I planned it. :)

      Delete
    2. I guess even in your game Nick has his own plans :D

      Delete
  2. Wow Caleb is so mean. LOL. At least he agreed with Sandi's plan afterwards. Dylan is really hot all grown up! o.O Haha.
    Very cool, changing things into gems that he can sell for money, what a creative way to pay tuition. Hahaaha... Oh Brandon you wierdo... Yikes, he wants to eliminate Sandi? What a crazy guy, LOLL, I wonder if he will listen to his ghost Uncle Nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb was mean to her and he doesn't really like Sandi's relationship with Dylan but he does listen to reason. Dylan had the power in himself to raise the money for school but Dylan never really learned how to develop his magical skills. He always preferred science to magic and always will.

      Brandon is a psycho who is hearing voices in his head that tells him to be commit violent acts. He thinks it's the voice of his Uncle Nick.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Brandon is a psycho and he is getting worse and worse.

      Delete
  4. Congrats Sandi on aging up. Sandi's face when she makes her wish is great. I hope she gets her wish. Sometimes those Sims have horrible fashion sense. And I agree with Emit's "wow" facial expression - that outfit upon aging is pretty weird. You selected good options for her.

    Congrats on valedictorian! And haha... most likely to hack the military facility?!? Maybe for her cop career if she's investigating the military. Lol.

    Caleb calling her princess was getting on my nerves too. I know where he's coming from, but he didn't have to be mean about it. "In your dreams, Vampire..." that line made me laugh.

    That was so nice of Grandma Rose to help Dylan out.

    Uh oh... Brandon... dude! Take the hint. She's not your girl. Wow... he's really stalkerish, and now that I know he's related to Jareth and Nick I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God some of those outfits they age up in just has you shaking your head. She aged up in an awful one but at least she kept her hairstyle.

    Caleb see her as a threat with his relationship with her brother. That is why he is being mean to her. Sandi was able to hold her own with him.

    Brandon is not all there and he is convinced that Sandi is his. This is going to cause a lot of trouble for her and Dylan.

    ReplyDelete