Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chapter 45.2-Oh Brother!

This chapter was originally posted on 7/10/14


Sandi wastes no time and heads straight over to talk to this Gretchen woman.  She has no idea why she was following Brandon and Bradly but there had to be a reason.  Whatever that reason was, Sandi was determined to figure it out.

Sandi:  Excuse me, but are you Gretchen Worthington?

Gretchen:  Indeed I am, Gretchen Worthington of the Boston Worthingtons


Sandi knew with that type of introduction meant this woman came from old money and wouldn't talk to just anyone.  They had to be her equal and from old money as well, this is why she never liked to socialize in those circles.  However Sandi was a Landgraab and had no problem dropping the name if it met her needs.

Sandi: Charmed to make your acquaintance, I'm Sandra Rose Landgraab of the Lunar Lakes Landgraabs.  I'm working as a private detective and I was hoping you could answer some questions for me.

Gretchen:  A Landgraab working as a detective?  What so ever for?

Sandi:  Oh it’s just a hobby of mine.  This is one step above just reading mystery novel, this is how I spend my time when I'm not able to go shopping.

Gretchen:  Yes I understand, it can get rather mundane when the shops are closed and that online shopping is just not the same.

Sandi:  Would you mind answering some questions for me?


Gretchen:  Not at all, I would be happy to.  I have an hour before I meet Buffy and Binky at the country club, so I have some time on my hands.

Sandi: Are you familiar with Brandon Alto and Bradly MacDuff?

Gretchen: Brandon Alto, the mafia kingpin?  Isn't Bradly MacDuff the journalist for the Moonlight Falls times?

Sandi: Yes those are the two.

Gretchen: I am familiar with those two scoundrels, I have seen them here and in Varg's Tavern on numerous occasions.

Sandi:  Is there any reason as to why you are referring to them as scoundrels?

Gretchen:  Well that is because I have over heard their conversations about their illegal activities.  Those two do not even try to cover their heinous crimes.

Sandi:  Which type of heinous crimes?


Gretchen: Gambling and racketeering mostly but that was not the worst.   They conspired to kidnap an unsuspecting young woman so that Brandon could impregnate her with his baby.  They did have a dilemma to solve first, they had to get rid of her husband so they had him kidnapped and brought to Alto house in Lunar Lakes.  Isn't that where your family is from?  

Sandi:  Yes that is where my family is from.  Did you give this information to anyone else?

Gretchen:  I reported this information to the police a long time ago when the news reports of the missing warlock first appeared.  I was never contacted after that.  Well look at the time I'm sorry I do need to get going, Buffy gets a little miffed if I am late.  Good Luck with your investigation.


As Gretchen leaves Caleb finally arrives.

Sandi: Where were you?  I have great news.

Caleb: Traffic was horrible! I should have ran,  I would have made it here faster.  What happened? What is the great news?

Sandi: I don't really trust the source, something about that woman is just not right but I think I know where Dylan is.


Caleb: Where is he and how did you find it out?  And who is the woman you are talking about?

Sandi:  I'll explain the details on our way over, but we have a lot to do right now.  We need to bring Starr to stay with my parents for a couple of days and we need to pack our bags!

Caleb:  Can you at least tell me where we are going?


Sandi:  Lunar Lakes!


Meanwhile Gretchen arrives home to report into her "boss"


Gretchen:  that is another job well done, you can thank me later.  Alto is going to jail for a very long time, the blonde werewolf and her vampire brother in law saw to that.  She took the bait and is on her way to get her husband at the Alto house in Lunar Lakes.  Once they get the warlock's testimony, Alto will never see the light of day.  The Moonlight Falls territory is officially ours.  We won my sweetheart, now how about that Diamond Ring you promised me?


A male fairy with white wings walks over to Gretchen.



Denny:  She can have her husband back now, so the whole world will believe that Brandon Alto kidnapped him.  Wouldn't Sandi be surprised to find out that her precious warlock was actually kidnapped by her twin brother, Denny Goodfellow.  

To be Continued.....


13 comments:

  1. :O DunDunDUN! Didn't see that coming! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Emm GEE, Talk about thickening the plot!
    I stumbled across your page from LittleMinxUndr page, and I've been hooked on your story ever since. With this recent turn of events, I just had to comment and let you know that its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment, it really means a lot to me. I will be continuing to write the story and I have many more surprises for the future.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I had a feeling it was one of the Goodfellows the moment that the wings were mentioned...but Denny...his own sister? What happened to him? This is horrible of him to do. I had a sneaky suspicion that something was coming, I just didn't think he'd be the one to cause her worse nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh sweet, a second plot, that also screws over Brandon. I can't say that I am disappointed Brandon will be getting the blame, LOL, considering how nuts he's been. It really made me laugh to hear him being called a 'kingpin' however, hahaha, just because he's so... dumb at times! XD Wowie, I loved that it was Denny... what in the world does he have against his sister. LOL. Yikes. This is some sibling rivalry. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denny really didn't see kidnapping Dylan as a way to get back at his sister athough he does have some issues to deal with. Kidnapping Dylan had more to do with bringing down the Alto family and claiming the Moonlight Falls territory. That is why his plan was to leave Dylan alive.

      Vita choosing Brandon as her successor was a poor choice because he is too crazy for business but she saw him as the best choice. The other two choices was her daughter Holly who wanted no part of the business and Jareth who she knew was also too stupid for the job. Brandon inherited control of the family mainly because of default and she did recognize the evil streak in him.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Denny was truly the evil twin in this case and he did get to play that role.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. This twist was another gift from the game. The game gave me twins when I didn't expect and Denny was born with the evil trait which I decided to write into the story.

      Delete
  7. Omg. How did Denny turn out so evil? He was such a cute child ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We find this out in the next chapter. Denny was believed his father abandoned him but nothing could have further been from the truth.

      Delete
  8. Whoa! Did not expect that. Wow! What deviousness. I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out Brandon had nothing to do with the kidnapping all along which no one does expect. We find out why pretty soon.

      Delete