Friday, August 1, 2014

Chapter 33-Three's Company

This chapter was originally posted on 6/8/14


The summer after graduation passed by quickly and soon it was time for Sandi to pack her bags and head on over to University.  Wolfie offered to drive her there and help her set up the house that he had rented for her, but Sandi wouldn't even hear of it.  This was the first day of her new life and she wanted to be the one in the driver’s seat.  She was taking control and she would be free to do as she wished.  Best of all for next 4 years she was free from Brandon who was still following her around everywhere.   She was also free to choose her own roommate which she did.


Even with the conversion spells money was still a problem for Dylan.  Rose was teaching him how to make elixirs and potions to sell but Dylan was just a beginner and didn't earn much.  Sandi suggested that he cancel his dorm room and move into the house with her. It made perfect sense; the house did have plenty of space and two bedrooms; however the possibility of both bedrooms being used were slim to none.


Sandi wanted to make a special dinner for their first night living together but she was not able to play Donna Reed as well as her mother could.  The only cooking lessons Sandi ever had was making muffins for her father on her little toy stove, anything she could make was basic.  She didn't mind serving Autumn Salad or Macaroni and Cheese and she already had the phone number from the local pizzeria taped to the refrigerator but that was for any other night, not for tonight.  It wasn't until she unpacked her gi and martial arts equipment that she figured out what to serve.  When in China she really did learn how to make egg rolls.


They cleaned the dinner dishes quickly but instead of watching the stars which they usually would do when darkness fell, they went upstairs to the bedroom.  They planned on making this night their first time and Sandi went shopping at Simtoria Secrets just for the occasion.


They had the proper protection and Dylan told her that he loved her but asked her if she was sure about this.  He didn't want her to feel pressured into doing something she was not ready for.


There was no question Sandi was ready.  She loved him and she knew he was her future.  She had been dreaming of this night for a very long time and there were no questions in her mind.


The night was magical and neither one of them wanted it to end.  Eventually it would have to end but they had 4 years of nights in this house, just the two of them.  Or so they thought.


Early the next morning a visitor arrived.  Caleb was also attending university and he was supposed to share a room with Dylan in one of the dorms.  When Dylan cancelled Caleb expected them to assign a different roommate however that is not what happened.


Caleb: Hey bro, I need your help.  Do you think you can convert some of those conjured apples into gems for me?  There was a clerical error in the office about the dorm rooms, when you cancelled by mistake they cancelled mine too.  I checked out the fraternities but they gave me some bad group home flashbacks.  My scholarship won't cover private housing so I have to pay for it myself and as you know money is an issue.


Dylan: You know I would do anything to help you but there is one problem, no consignment store here, you would have to go back home to Moonlight Falls to sell them.

Caleb: and if I do that I might as well kiss my scholarship goodbye.  Looks like I will be living out of my sloppy jalopy for a while.

Dylan: I have a better idea, there is plenty of room here, why don't I ask Sandi if you can move in.


Caleb: Not a good idea, bro.  I do not know if you noticed this but the Princess and I do not get along very well.

Dylan: Well that is because of you.  You are judging her by her family’s bank account and not her as a person.  I understand you have issues with rich people, but not all rich people are like the ones responsible for you being in that group home.

Caleb: You know that is a sore subject for me, we agreed not to talk about that. You are the lucky one who didn't know his mother.

Dylan: and you know me well enough to know I do not consider that a blessing.


Dylan: Both of you are taking the same major and you are both going into law enforcement. Considering that you two will be spending a lot of time together and that both of you are very important to me, this might be the perfect opportunity for you two to mend fences, even if it's just for my sake.

Caleb: My only other option is to live out of a car for four years so basically I am out of options, I guess you should ask her.  No matter what her answer is, you are the only family I have and I will keep an open mind for your sake.

Dylan: I'm sure she will agree and you will see that you are wrong about her and her family.  They really are nice down to earth people.


Sandi was upstairs doing some research on the computer when Dylan was looking for her. 


He figured he better soften her up with some flowers and his charming personality first.


Dylan explained the whole situation with Caleb to her and she agreed that it would be in her best interest as well as Caleb's to start to get to know each other better.  As both of them were going to be police officers they lives would be in danger every day and they needed to work as a team for their own safety.


Sandi: You go downstairs and tell Caleb the news and I will call my father to tell him I'm living with two men instead of one.  Hopefully he won't hurt himself when he falls to the floor.

To Be Continued......


Author's Note-This is not the full chapter I originally planned on posting, but because of the computer virus it will have to be a shorter chapter.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had a virus :/ At least you didn't lose everything!
    Hmm, me thinks Caleb has a secret crush on Sandi, which could make them living together really awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simtoria Secret? I love it, I actually just went shopping there today lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Caleb is improving, that's nice. I do understand a little more about why he was so hard on rich people though, a group home doesn't sound like fun at all, especially if people were mean to him while he was there.
    Sandi's a nice girl, LOL, Wolfie will hit the floor knowing she is living with two guys, just as you said. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb does have reason not to like rich people and it is more the reason of how he got to the group home than the group home itself.

      Sandi is nice and there was no way she would have let Caleb sleep in his car when they had an extra room. As for Wolfie, lets just say he is not going to take this news too well.

      Delete
  4. Awww. Sandi and Dylan are cute together. I just hope this whole moving in together with Caleb is going to be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed cute together and this should work out. Hopefully.

      Delete
  5. Do I see a possible love triangle here?

    ReplyDelete