Friday, August 1, 2014

Chapter 38-You Can Do Magic

This chapter was originally posted on 6/21/14


(Sorry about the darkness, I must remember to put more lights in Varg's Tavern)

Dylan arrived at Varg's Tavern for his meeting with Russel.  Rose had asked Russel to try and encourage Dylan to continue his lessons to develop his magical skills and spell casting.  She had received a message from her parents that it was imperative that Dylan continue to learn magic.   Rose didn't know why it was but she knew enough that if it her parents sent a message it was vital to the mission and was not to be questioned.


The rapport Russel had with the young warlocks impressed the witch's council, however this was the first time he ran into a warlock stubborn as Dylan McIntyre.  Dylan was serious at his work at the laboratory but magic sparked no interest for him, yet the levels of his powers far surpasses any witch or warlock registered in the witch's council.  He was also a "good" warlock and developing his powers would be an asset to the universe as a whole, Dylan had to be convinced.

Russel: Dylan you cannot let your talent to go to waste, we need to set up these lessons so you can learn how to use your powers and develop their strength on your own.

Dylan:  I'm trying to but with my schedule at the lab, it’s almost impossible.

Russel:  But I hear you have been putting in voluntary overtime.


Dylan: Indeed I have, my work is very important to me and to all sims.  Big Industries are polluting our water, sea life is dying and soon none of us will be able to survive.  I have a theory, but I need to work on it.


Russel: Everyone of us is born with a gift and I believe in the grand scheme of things our gifts were given to us for a reason.  You not only have an incredible amount of powers but you also have a devotion to science and helping simkind.  Those gifts were probably meant to be combined.

Dylan: but you cannot be sure of that.

Russel: You will never know unless you find out, what could it hurt.

Dylan: That is the second time tonight I heard those same words.

Russel:  So you will make the time?


Dylan: I will I promise but I need to wait a couple more days.  My girl and I are getting married and there are just so many details even with just a small family wedding.

Russel: My Congratulations to you and may you two have a long and happy life together.

Dylan: Thank you so much and I promise to call you a day or two after the wedding.

Russel: I'll be waiting and if you don't I'll call you.

Dylan:  If you will excuse me, I have to go meet my brother.


Caleb:  It's about time you showed up.  I was about to leave.

Dylan:  The witch's council is still on my back about this magic thing.  Now they think I can combine magic with science to work for the greater good.

Caleb:  Well why not?  I know reading minds helps me when I question a suspect, if my powers can help me, why can't your powers help you?

Dylan: So you joined their bandwagon?  Ok I'll do it but after I make Sandi my wife.

Caleb: You going to wait that long?

Dylan: Only 3 days. you'll be there right bro?

Caleb: 3 days from now?  You know Caleb is a nice name for a boy, name it anything you want if is a girl.  Congrats on the baby bro!

Dylan:  I didn't say Sandi was pregnant.


Caleb:  Ummm bro you didn't have to, I used my detective skills.  Sandi is my partner and she has been claiming that she has a "stomach virus" that hits her every morning for the past week.  For four years my room was next to yours and hers and believe me I knew you two were like a couple of rabbits.  Now the girl who reads Bride magazine is getting married very quickly.  She's pregnant isn't she?

Dylan: Ok you figured it out so I might as well tell you, she is pregnant.  We didn't want to tell anyone about the baby until after we were married.

Caleb: I won't say anything as long as you let me tag along to the little league games with the little guy.

Dylan:  First we don't know if it’s a boy or a girl yet, and second if you would stop working long enough and find yourself a girlfriend maybe you will have your own kid to bring along to the little league games with us.

Caleb:  Would you stop pushing me.  I don't have the time, I'm putting in some extra hours working on the Alto Double Murder Case  

Dylan: Sandi told me about that and that they took her off the case because the prime suspect is Brandon.

Caleb: In her condition it is for the best, but I don't mind putting the overtime in.


Dylan: All the more reason you need to get out a bit.  What about that girl over there.  She's kind of pretty, go over and talk to her. 

Caleb: Ok I'll do it, if it gets you off my back.


Caleb goes over and talks to her, things seem to go well but truth be told he is only doing to this appease his brother.  Dylan just didn't understand that Caleb was already married, to the Moonlight Falls Police Department.  That is where his happily ever after was but if going on a date would make his brother happy, he would do it just to shut him up.


Dylan: Ok Bro Details.

Caleb: Her name is Mara Nix, I have her phone number and I'm taking her out on Saturday night. Happy now?

Dylan: Not until I hear you are going on a second date.

Caleb: ok you are pushing it now.  You better go home before I break both your legs and you won't be able to walk down that aisle. 


Dylan: I just want you to be as happy as I am right now.

Caleb: I know you do, but I am trying to make you see that I am happy.

Dylan: I beg to differ but I am not going to argue with you.  I'm going home now, don't drink too much.


It was the night before the wedding and the happy couple did what they did every night, they went out to watch the stars together.  They talked about the wedding and the future, but mostly they talked about the baby.

Sandi: Have you thought of any names

Dylan: Caleb had a suggestion for a boy, Caleb.

Sandi: Oh that’s just like him, he is too much.  I like the name River for a boy, what do you think?

Dylan: Oh I love that name but we have time to discuss this.  The one thing I know for sure is this little baby is our little Star.

To Be continued...

Next up-A Wedding!

Authors Note-I would like to thank Shafer249 for the use of Russel Rhoads.  If you have not checked out her story, I highly recommend reading it.  You will love it.

5 comments:

  1. I only just realised how many chapters you got out in one month alone!! :O
    Can't wait to see the wedding, it'll be beautiful :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Dylan. Haha. He's trying to be so nice, but I think maybe he's blinded by the fact that just because Sandi makes him really happy, that not everyone needs to be in a couple to be happy. Some people really do like their career the most that they're okay just doing that. I am not sure if Caleb is just saying that he's married to his job but I wouldn't hold it against him if he was, at least he knows that. Then he won't run into that problem where the significant other gets on his case for being at work all the time. LOL.
    Awww so Dylan's going to do his magic with his science? That would be cool if he could fix a lot of those problems with magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb is a workaholic but no one knows him better than Dylan. He is satisfied with work but deep down Caleb wants a family just as much as Dylan does. Caleb needs to find a way to mix his professional life with a personal life.

      Dylan on the other hand needs to learn to use his powers as they could help him in real life but Dylan hates magic and the fact that he does have these powers. He will say that he will work on his powers but he always puts that off to later.

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I'm happy for Dylan and Sandy. It'll be interesting to see Caleb and Mara together. :)

    ReplyDelete