Friday, August 1, 2014

Chapter 37-The Worst Kept Secret

This chapter was originally posted on 6/20/14


The young couple decided it was in their best interest to have a smaller wedding with just the family. They couldn't wait to be husband and wife and now that circumstances changed due to a software failure, babies were all they could talk about.  They always knew they wanted children, however it was not their intention to start so soon.  The Chapel had an opening for them three days from now so all they had to do was plan a simple wedding and keep the baby a secret until after the wedding.  This turned out to be the worst kept secret ever.


Sandi went back home to tell everyone the good news and to ask her mother to go shopping with her, but her parents were not home. The only one home was Valerie.


Who grew into a child since we last seen her.



Sandi:  What time will Mom and Dad be home, I have some great news to tell all of you.  Dylan and I are getting married.

Valerie: Can I be your flower girl?

Sandi: It's not going to be a big wedding just a small family one so no bridal party. We are getting married three days from now.


Valerie: Three days from now are you having a baby?  Am I going to be an aunt?

Sandi: I'm very much in love with Dylan and we do not want to wait to be married.

Valerie: If you say so I'll buy that, now let's see if he buys that.


Wolfie (who is constantly in his tux now that I do not control him anymore.  I'm betting he is spending the majority of his time at the Red Velvet Lounge) walks in at just that moment happy to see his eldest daughter visiting and he already knows the reason for this visit.

Wolfie:  There are my two girls!


She tells her father her big news and the date.  Wolfie also questioned why his daughter that planned almost every detail of his wedding would opt for a quick wedding for herself.  Sandi told him the same thing she told her sister, that she and Dylan were in love and that they did not want to wait.


Wolfie did not say anything but he didn't buy that either.  He knew the two were in love and he already gave them his blessing.  If there was another reason for the urgency they would all find out in due time.  At one time this would have sent him into frenzy but she was an adult now and Dylan had already stated his intentions to his daughter.  It would be best just to let them have their day.


The person Sandi wanted to talk to the most was her mother.  They both found out the hard way not to enthuse about a wedding with her father too much.  (Take my advice do not use the "enthuse about wedding" interaction with a commitment issue sim.)  She needed a dress for the wedding and Abby was always ready to go shopping.


Abby (who is also always in her formal dress, she must be hanging out at the Red Velvet Lounge to make sure Wolfie doesn't go back to his old ways) didn't have to ask the same questions everyone did, she just looked into her daughter's eyes and seen that she was positively glowing.  Abby knew she was going to be a Grandmother very soon.  The only thing Abby did tell her is that she was going to be a beautiful bride as she dreamed about spoiling her first grandchild.

The shopping trip went straight into the evening, but it paid off in the end they found the perfect dress for Sandi.


Sandi: I decided Mom this is the dress.  I absolutely love it but I want just one more opinion.


Abby: Did you call your sister or Grandma Rose?  I'm sure they are going to agree you are going to be the most beautiful bride!


Dylan: I certainly do agree, my angel is going to be the most beautiful bride ever.


Abby:  Sandi quick you get in there and choose a different dress and Dylan please don't take this the wrong way but GET LOST!

Sandi:  Mom what's wrong?  A minute ago you said you loved this dress.

Abby: That was before Dylan arrived.  It's bad luck for the groom to see you in your wedding dress before the wedding.


Sandi: Oh Mom that is just a silly superstition.  I don't believe in any of that.  I was actually waiting for his opinion, it's his wedding too so I thought I would make sure he loved the dress as much as I do.

Dylan:  I'm sorry Mrs. Landgraab but I don't believe in those superstitions either.


Abby:  Are both of you out of your minds! Dylan you are a warlock, a very powerful one according to my mother-in-law, you are going to stand there and tell me you do not believe in superstitions.

Dylan: I don't really believe in magic either.  I know it's in me and everyone tells me I'm powerful and I have seen it work, but I just don't get any of it.   I'm on my way to meet with a warlock trainer from the witch’s council and I'm sure he is going to try and convince me to take lessons and practice magic.

Abby:  You should listen to him and you should learn.  It's who you are and you need to accept this part of you.  I used to think being a wolf was a curse, but once I accepted who I was, my life became much easier.  Now I look forward to the full moons and running with my pack.


Dylan: Science is my main magic, I'm still looking for ways to purify the water resources here on Earth.  That is going to be my life's work.

Abby: Well haven't you thought that magic might help you with your objective?  It certainly couldn't hurt.

Dylan: I'll give that some thought, but right now I have to get going.  


Dylan:  I’ll be meeting with Caleb after this, to let him know about the wedding.  If you feel tired or ill don’t wait up for me, you need your rest.


Abby:  So how far along are you?

Sandi: I don’t know what you are talking about.

Abby: The baby you are having.  I’m your mother and you did not have to say one word, I knew it the minute I saw you tonight.  Dylan completely gave it away when his last statement.  You two are not keeping this secret too well.

Sandi: Oh please Mom, don’t tell anyone not even Dad

Abby: I won’t tell anyone else but you know better than anyone in this world that I do not keep any secrets from your father.  You have already seen what secrets can do to a relationship and I hope you learned from my mistake.


Sandi: Than don’t tell anyone else, we planned to announce the baby after the wedding.  I’m in the first trimester. 

Abby: Any preferences? Boy, Girl, Witch, or Werewolf

Sandi: It doesn’t matter to me, as long as the baby is healthy. 

Abby: Now do me a favor, go in there and pick out a new dress.

Sandi: I’m wearing this dress and this is not open for discussion.

To be continued…..

Bonus shots:


The game picked him up as the time traveler again. 


He is not attending this wedding in his underwear so I had to remove his occult.  After the wedding we replaced it with another occult, so the game won't pick him up as time traveler again. 



I tried to get Sandi to do this but she couldn't transform due to pregnancy.  I either had to call in Wolfie or Jules and Wolfie is the Alpha Wolf and he never fails. I know I could have done this with Master Controller but I so love watching Wolfie do this.

And Last One, look who asked Dylan for a Date


He declined of course

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, Zoe sure does get around :D Can't wait to see the baby - though I s'pose I've already seen her :P As a YA, anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... Zoe... with the way she looks, I'm kind of surprised she has the confidence to call people to date her... LOL.
    Yikes... I can't help but feel this foreshadowing... because of the last chapter with Brandon, and then this one when Abby was making a deal about the wedding dress and the bad luck stuff... *bites fingernails*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right about the foreshadowing as we all know this is Going Solo and we do have some rules to follow not that I would ever *cough* break them. The wedding dress it the biggest sign.

      Zoe used to call Caleb for dates too but they all were declined.

      Delete
  3. Wow... Zoe is a little scamp.

    Uh oh... I'm worried about that wedding dress thing and Sandy, though she looks beautiful. I hope I'm wrong and Brandon doesn't kill Dylan and hold Sandy prisoner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its never a good sign when the groom sees the wedding dress especially when psycho Brandon is around.

      Zoe gets around quite a bit.

      Delete