Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chapter 45.4-Reunited

This chapter was originally posted on 7/16/14


Practicing magic was something Dylan would never do but in captivity he had nothing else to occupy his time.  To his surprise he took to magic like a fish to water, everything seemed to come naturally to him and he finally understood why everyone was pressuring him to build his skills.  Magic was in his nature, however it might have been too little too late, he didn't have much hope for his future.


He thought and dreamed of his angel every day and night and he would often wonder what she would be doing at that very moment.  Every minute he was away from her was more painful than the last.  They had so many hopes and dreams; it wasn't supposed to end like this.  His last happy memory was feeling their child move inside of her, which was the most amazing moment of his life.  Their child should be a teenager soon and he didn't even know if the child was a boy or girl.  All he could do was pray that he would be home someday, his family needed him and he needed them.

One thing he was sure of Caleb would step in and take care of both of them, but who was taking care of Caleb.  All his brother wanted to do was work and wouldn't even dream of finding himself a wife or family.  He needed happiness in his life but was too worried to take a chance.  Dylan was pushing him in that direction but of course without being there to help, Caleb was sure to still be on his own.

Deep down he knew both Sandi and Caleb were searching for him.  If anyone could find him, it would be them.   He hoped one day that door would open and it wouldn't be Johnny on the other side, Sandi and Caleb would be there to bring him home.


Johnny picks up the phone and listens to his instructions.  The boss is warning him to leave the house immediately before the police arrive.  He knows that it would be suicidal if he doesn't listen and he curses the day he chose this type of life for himself.  He is relieved to find out they do not want him to harm the warlock but they won't allow Johnny to release him either.  He fears for Dylan but what can he do, he has to protect himself.  He does make the decision to talk Dylan first before leaving.  He did as promised and looked up Dylan's family.  He didn't know what was in store for Dylan but at least he could give him this information.


Johnny:  Hey I have some news for you.

Dylan:  The only thing I want to hear is that I'm going home

Johnny:  I can't tell you that but I did look up your family as I promised.  You are a father, your wife had a baby girl.

Dylan:  I have a daughter.  I bet she's beautiful and looks just like her mother.


Dylan: I have a daughter who will soon be old enough to date and I don't even know her.  You have to let me leave and go home.

Johnny:  We have been through this a hundred times, if I let that happen it will mean both of our lives.  I can't do it.

Dylan:  My daughter is growing up without me and it’s all your fault and whoever it is that you work for.  I hope someday that you will feel this same pain that you are causing for me.


As Johnny walks out Dylan picks up his wand and starts an incantation:

The power right now may by yours
Fate and destiny settles all scores
In Captivity I spend all of my time
Your punishment will fit your crime

For the first time in Dylan's life he was angry enough to cast a curse, something he had not learned to do but yet he was able.  Dylan was indeed a powerful warlock and that curse on Johnny would eventually come to pass.

Meanwhile at the Landgraab House in Lunar Lakes:


The day that Holly and Emmett were waiting for had finally arrived.  Sandi and Caleb were in Lunar Lakes, which meant Brandon Alto was finally arrested and the Alto family’s reign of terror was over at least for now.


They all sat down and Sandi and Caleb filled them in on everything Holly and Emmett already knew.


Sandi:  If the information we have is correct, Dylan is being held in the Alto home here in Lunar Lakes.  Do either of you know where the house is located?

Emmett:  I know exactly where the house is as I have been watching it.  I will take you there.

Caleb:  You have been watching the house?  You must know if he is there or not.

Emmett: I have not seen him but I know he is there.

Caleb:  I know all about this time travel stuff and the families mission but what I don't get is why you couldn't tell us where my brother was all of this time!


Emmett:  Holly and I have been given a gift to ensure the success of this mission which is knowledge of all future events.  We knew your brother would be kidnapped and we also knew what would happen had this event not taken place.  

The space time continuum must not be disturbed in any way, had we stopped Dylan's kidnapping or rescued him before Brandon Alto was arrested, other more disturbing events would have taken place.  Brandon would have killed Dylan, kidnapped Sandi, forced himself on her to implant his seed in her womb and then killed her after the child was born.

It is our rule never to talk about any of this to anyone as too much knowledge of one's future can be disastrous but Caleb I am going to make an exception in your case for two reasons.  

First, we need your help being a vampire means you will be around to help all generations up until the mission is complete.  You may have met us for the first time at Sandi's 18th birthday, but I assure it is not the first time we met you.  We have known you for a long time in our time period and we have often joked about your skepticism about our mission.

Second, this family is about to make a move and you will once again be in law enforcement.  Jules has a limited life span but you do not.  We need someone who we can trust to not be controlled by the criminal element on our side and that person is you.  

Now as you think about everything I have told you, I will offer you some proof that you will soon find out on your own.  You will be family to us in more ways than Dylan's brother and Starr's uncle.  You will marry into this family and your children will have our blood running through their veins.  I will be expecting your call after you see this proof for yourself.


Caleb:  I'll give it thought as you have already impressed me with this information.  Sandi already mentioned leaving Moonlight Falls due to the criminal element becoming overly unbearable.  I agree with her, there is not much hope left in Moonlight Falls for any of us.

First things first, tell us where the Alto house is so we can get my brother.  Now that you say it’s safe for him to be rescued, let us not waste another minute.

Emmett:  I'll take you there and I am going with you.

Caleb:  We have been trained and we are professionals, it may not be safe for you.

Emmett:  I'm the patriarch of this family and it is my place to be there.  I am going.  End of story.

A little while later outside of the Alto house:


Emmett:  This is the house, the alarm system has already been disconnected but the door should be locked.

Caleb:  Since you know everything how do we get in?

Emmett:  If I was you I would try breaking the door open.


Caleb:  Stand back, I'll take care of this.


It wasn't long before all three were in the house.


Emmett suggested that he search downstairs and Sandi and Caleb go upstairs to search the bedrooms. Emmett knew what he was doing.


Sandi:  There is nothing in here but there is another bedroom, I'll go try that one.


The door was locked but luckily it was not a difficult lock for her to pick and she did not have to break this one open with force.


As she stepped into the room the ordeal that haunted this family for the past 12 years was about to come to an end.


As this was the room that was her husband's prison cell.


For a moment she couldn't move as she saw the love of her life lost and alone.  The nightmare was finally over, Dylan was right in front of her.  Finally in excitement she screamed out.

Sandi: DYLAN!!!!!!!


Dylan:  Please tell me that my eyes are not playing tricks on me again.  Angel, Is it really you?

Sandi:  Yes it's me.  You're here.  I'm here.  We're together.


They quickly ran into each other’s arms and held each other tighter than the ever did before.  Neither one wanting to ever let go.

Dylan:  It feels so good to have you in my arms.  I thought I would never see you again.

Sandi:  I would search forever for you if I had to.


When their lips finally met each other they kissed more passionately than ever before.  Neither one wanted to stop and they wouldn't have but.....


Caleb:  Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The two brothers reunited and hugged each other.


Dylan:  the Baby?  What about the Baby?

Sandi:  We have a daughter, she is wonderful. 

Caleb:  She's a beauty bro.  The sweetest little girl ever.


Sandi: I have some pictures

Dylan: Oh my!  She is so beautiful and she is not a baby.  What did you name her?

Sandi:  I didn't name her you did.  You called her, our little Star, so her name is Starr.


Emmett:  I don't want to break up the family reunion, but I think it's time to move it over to our house.  I'm sure Dylan would love to get out of here and Holly's making some dinner.


That evening in front of the house where her Grandparents fell in love....


Sandi and Dylan went straight back to doing exactly what they did every night before their lives were rudely interrupted.....


To be continued.....



9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that they are back together :3 I wonder how 'little' Starr is going to take to her Daddy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *believe* this is about where I left off. I'm so glad they are back to star-gazing again! All those years apart calls for a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'll start my catching up from here!
    Beautiful chapter of both getting finally reunited. It was about time lol. I hope he'll soon feel home and get to know his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww T_T A happy ending! Yay!
    Hopefully Starr is just as happy about Dylan being back... *cringes* That could go either way. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about time that they had their happy ending and were reunited and it is time for Dylan to go back home and finally meet his daughter. :)

      Delete
  5. Awww... reunited. I love it!

    ReplyDelete