Monday, July 28, 2014

Chapter 14.1-Teen Wolfie

This chapter was originally posted on 2/11/14

Authors Note-This chapter jumps 5 years into the future and is told in three parts.  The first part is told by Wolfie.


My birthday past a couple of weeks ago yet we still have leftover cake in the refrigerator.  Eating stale cake is not so bad, but I really wish my Mom would start to cook again.


She is always reading cookbooks but yet the refrigerator is always empty.  I really wish that everything would go back to the way things were before when I was younger.  When I came home from camp this whole house changed, my mother seemed so preoccupied all the time.


This house is always so depressing, I can't wait to graduate.  In the meantime I have my music to work on and....


I got this old car for practically nothing it just needs some work. When I finish my homework I go straight to working on the car, however all the hard work I am putting into all this is for nothing.  


My school does not offer drivers ed courses and when I ask my mother to teach me but the answer is always the same, "NO!"


She once even tried to tell me that she couldn't because she used her broom most of the time and didn't know how, but I know that is a lie.  Mom loves her little red sports car, its practically her best friend.  These are the times I wish my Dad was around or Grandpa Emit.


Yesterday I was working on my car when my friend Ramiro MacDuff came over

Ramiro: Hey Wolfie, whatcha up to?

Wolfie: Oh just fixing up this car here.



Ramiro: You mean this hunk of junk?

Wolfie: Mind showing me YOUR hunk of junk? 

Ramiro: This car is going to need a whole lot of work


Wolfie: Ram, you aren't seeing the big picture here, with a little work and a new coat of paint, this car can be make out city.  Why, it could be greased lightning!

Ramiro: You have a point there except for one thing, you can't drive it

Wolfie: I don't need to drive this, just park it in the garage with Shannon Parsons and you will see how far I will go.

Ramiro: Shannon Parsons and you?  Dream On Wolf Man

Wolfie: She was all over me at the prom

Ramiro: She was blind drunk as were you

Wolfie: Shush!  My Mom is in the house and she hears everything.  If she heard that, well I don't want to even think about what she will do.  Lets go bowling or something.


Wolfie: Time to get your ass kicked 

Ramiro: Still dreaming?  You will never get Shannon and you aren't going to win either.

Wolfie: Oh I will win this and I will get Shannon and Shameka too!

Ramiro: Shameka and you?  Did you raid your mother's nectar cellar?  Next thing you will be telling me is that you will get Sabrina in your make out mobile.

Wolfie: How do you know Sabrina hasn't been there already?  Now will you just throw the ball!




Wolfie: Is that the best you can do?

Ramiro: The ball just slipped out of my hands, I would like to see you do better and I know you are lying about Sabrina.

Wolfie: I never said she was there, I just said How do you know?  She will be and that is for sure, I already have her cell phone number along with Shannon's and Shameka's.  Now let me show you this game is played, and if you are lucky I will teach you everything I know about girls.




Wolfie: Strike!

Ramiro: OMG Wolfie look at the time my Dad is going to kill me.

Wolfie: Sore Loser!

Ramiro: I'm serious we are out way past curfew.  You better worry too, just think of what your mother will do if a police officer takes you home.

Wolfie: True, later Ram.

I practically ran home thinking about what would happen when I got there, but to my surprise my mother didn't say a word.  I broke one of her top rules and I got nothing from her. 


Wolfie: Mom I just got home

Rose: Ok 

Wolfie: Did you hear me Mom?  I said I just got home NOW and its 1 AM

Rose: Its ok I know its a full moon tonight.

Wolfie: That is not the point mother I broke one of your rules and you are just ignoring it.  You seem to ignore everything lately, you are always busy and too busy to worry about me!


Rose: Wolfie, I am not ignoring you.  I know you do not understand now but I promise tomorrow everything will make sense.  Right now everything I am doing is for you and our family.  Please give me just one more night and you will see.  

Mom never breaks promises so I went to bed and I gave her the benefit of the doubt for just one more night. 


The next morning I overslept and I had to rush to school.  Luckily I was in a good enough mood to I transform back into a human again.  I came home from school and I was interested to see what Mom was talking about so instead of going to work on my car I went into the house.

Wolfie: Mom, I'm Home!


Rose: We need to talk Wolfie.  I have some amazing news for you.

Wolfie: Are you going to teach me to drive Ma, please tell me that's it.


Rose: No not me

Wolfie: But you promised things were going to change today

Rose: They are going to change today, I just said it wouldn't be me

Maybe someone else would like to teach you?


Chris: What if I teach you son?

Wolfie: Dad?

To be continued.......

12 comments:

  1. Rose said she was going to bring her boys home and she used the plural :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O_O I wondered what she meant about bringing her boys home, I was like wait, she only has one son, what's happening. LOL.
    Chris!
    I'm happy she managed to bring him back. That's so cool, now Wolfie can have his father here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people thought that was a typo but it wasn't. Rose is the type that would do anything she could to protect her family. She missed her husband and Wolfie needed a father, so she found a way to bring Chris home.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. When Rose wants something she gets it. She said she was bringing her boys (plaural) home :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Rose did say she was going to bring her "boys" back home and she did.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks I wanted a nice surprise like that. Her ltw said she had to see her husband's ghost but it didn't say he had to stay dead.

      Delete
  6. Do they name all girls S-something in that town? Sabrina, Shameka, Shannon... No wonder weird things happen there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the names story progression gave the girls in that town. If I was writing this today I would have created my own names. Live and learn.

      Delete