Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chapter 17-Whoa Baby!

This chapter was originally posted on 2/28/14


Friendships with girls is something Wolfie was not used to, but hanging out with Abigail was more like hanging out with one of the guys.


She was able to kick his ass when they practiced fighting more than he would like to admit and,


shooting hoops in the school yard.


He even talked her into something her shyness would never allow her to do before, karaoke

♪I take--2 steps forward
I take--2 steps back
We come together
Cuz opposites attract♪

He thought if he could get her to overcome her fear here at The Toadstool, maybe she would allow herself to pursue a musical career.  She had the talent; all she needed was self confidence.

Best friends for sure but two very different personalities.  Where Wolfie was outgoing Abigail was shy.


After work Abigail liked to curl up with a good romance novel, but Wolfie would curl up with what he considered the best benefit of being a Rock Star.....


Groupies!


Wolfie would come home in the early morning hours and sleep in.  He always woke up when Abigail was watching her love in the afternoon stories.


Wolfie: Abs you have to stop this, it’s time for you to get out.  Do you think that a white knight is going to step off of his horse and come in here to sweep you off your feet?

Abigail I'm perfectly happy with my life as it is now.

Wolfie: Seriously Abby the only time you go out is with me.   We both know you want a husband, 2.5 kids and the house with the white picket fence and you are not going to find it here.

Abigail knew she had found her white knight already, but she wouldn't say it out loud.  Once this man found out the truth, he wouldn't have anything to do with her. He wasn't the marrying kind and she tried not to get too attached but she was head over heels in love.


Wolfie: Wow Abs you are looking fine.  A skirt?  Didn't know you owned one of those.

Abigail: Aren't you supposed to be recording today?

Wolfie: Nah it was cancelled.  I suppose you are not up for hunting dressed like that.

Abigail: I have a date!

Wolfie: Well it’s about time!  Who is the lucky guy?


The lucky guy walks through the door and this is when all hell breaks loose

Wolfie: What the fuck?  Alto get out of my house NOW!

Jareth: I'm leaving, just here to pick her up

Wolfie: She'll meet you outside, you are not welcome here.

Jareth goes outside to wait for Abigail.  She starts to walk out but Wolfie stops her dead in her tracks.


Wolfie: Are you out of your freaking mind?  Do you know who that guy is and what he is capable of?

Abigail: The same type of guy you are!

Wolfie: Don't you ever compare him to me.  I don't lie or break hearts, the girls I go with know I don't want a relationship and they do not want one either. This guy is a liar, he preys on nice girls like you, after he takes advantage of them.  You do know he is married?  And isn't he a little bit too old for you?

Abigail: Age is a number and he says he will divorce his wife, besides its none of your business who I date.


Abigail:  And what about that girl in the gym, she expected more from you

Wolfie: I never lied to her, she just expected more.

Abigail: Isn't that a risk that you take? Among other risks?

Wolfie steams out the door because he knows she is right, however he is not letting her leave until he gives that moron a little warning.


Wolfie: I'm warning you Man, you better not hurt her.

Jareth: Relax I'm not going to hurt her, only going to do to her what I should have done to your mother back in Lunar Lakes.


Unlike his father Wolfie always had good self control, but that last statement was a bit too much to take.


Wolfie: If you hurt her or ever mention my mother name again, I'll finish the job my father started.


That is when Jareth decided it was time to run out of there fast, Abigail caught up to him in the park.


Jareth: Why did you tell him that we were dating?

Abigail: I couldn't tell him the truth?  Now could I?

Jareth: I played along and I got to needle him, but I better lay low for a while.  Angry werewolves are hazardous to my health.


The next morning Wolfie was sleeping in as usual when he was woken up by Abigail screaming for him.  He thought that Jareth did something to her and he was trying to figure out the most painful way to tear him from limb to limb as he ran down the stairs.  Wolfie was not prepared for the site he did see.


Wolfie: I thought something happened to you, thank heavens you are ok.  Cute kid.  You babysitting?  Whose is she?

Abigail: Yours! I found her on the doorstep this morning with this note:

Wolfie,

This is our child, her name is Sandi
She was born a werewolf and my family 
would not understand.  Please take care 
of her and don't try to find me.
Please tell her that I did this for
her safety and that I love her.

Abigail: This baby is obviously is yours, she has your eyes.  The mother never signed her name.  Who is she?  


Wolfie: I don't know!  Oh my Lord!  I don't know!

To be continued.....

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Abigail is working for the Altos but the baby is indeed Wolfie's.

      Delete
  2. I may not be a werewolf, but I smell betrayal coming from Abigail. Jareth... and her had too much of a happy conversation, that sounded like planning. Heehee. Whoa. He has a kid? I wonder who the mother is. o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it certainly looks as if there is betrayal at this point as she did seem friendly with Jareth. She also lied to Wolfie about going on a date with him.

      Yep Wolfie ways with the ladies finally caught up to him and he has a baby now and he has not one clue on who the mother is.

      Delete
  3. Uh oh. This doesn't look good. So Wolfie fathered a kid, but doesn't know who the mother is. I liked Abigail, but now I'm not sure I trust her. She's doing something with the Altos and it isn't dating apparently. Oh dear... I smell a trap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolfie's escapades have finally caught up with him and he has a baby to take care of now.

      Delete
  4. Did he not wrap it up? Geez. I guess the animal magnetism is to blame for it? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No protection of that kind for a legacy family, gotta have an heir.

      Delete