Sunday, July 27, 2014

Chapter 8-The Ghost of Christmas Future

This Chapter was originally posted 11/21/13


Rose sat in disbelief as they told her the whole story

Rose: Now let me see if I got all this straight?   Mother you are not from Riverview you are from a city called Oasis Landing 2000 years into the future and Emit here built a time machine so that you can write some books and save the world from destruction.  Am I correct?

Holly and Emit together:  Yes

Rose: and you expect me to believe all of this?

Holly and Emit together: Yes

Rose: Well while we are coming forward with the truth, mind telling me who my father is?  And please do not tell me it’s Emit

Holly:  your father is a paparazzi, I don’t remember his name


Rose: this can’t be happening, please tell me this is a bad dream.


Emit: No young lady this is not a bad dream, this is your reality.  Your mother loves you enough for two parents and now I am here as your stepfather. You will treat us with respect, especially your mother.  We need your full participation in this mission in order to save the world.


Rose: I do not believe any part of this story and I am not doing anything to save the world.  I am only worried about my world not anyone else’s


Holly: I didn’t think you would so I have proof but I never thought I would hear such selfish words coming out of your mouth.  Yes this mission is about your world and it will affect you.


Holly shows her the time portal outside and steps on it to activate

Rose: Mom what is this piece of junk.

Holly: its a time portal, we are going to the future.



Holly and Rose step into the portal and they arrive at the year 4013, because of Rose’s refusal its back to a dystopian future.

Rose: Not much to look forward to here

Holly: Well that’s because people do not care about the earth and saving it because you would not help us

Rose: It doesn’t matter to me; I don’t want any part of this.


Rose takes some trash and throws it on the floor and casts a fire blast on her mother

Rose: What do I care, this is not my future, Grim would have come for me many years before this.


Holly: Rose, how could you say this, how could you be so selfish and so evil.


Rose had never seen her mother this angry before so she knew she crossed a line that she shouldn't have.  Rose was sorry but just did not know how to say it.

Holly: Come with me to another place I have one more thing to show you.


Holly brings Rose to a house 


which is hit by a meteor as they get there.


The husband narrowly escapes death and he invites them inside.


When Rose sees the wife she looks into her eyes and sees herself.
  
The Woman: I’m Holly Wood, well not the Holly Wood who gave up her life to save us but she was her Great Grandmother.  She is still a hero even if her mission failed; she still tried to save us from this.

Rose knew this woman was part of her family immediately.  Rose felt her maternal instinct kick in and she noticed her witch’s aura, she inherited Rose’s powers.

Rose: How come your grandmother couldn’t save you from this?

The Woman: No one is sure, her books are still around and most people are amazed how the book 3984 was extremely accurate, but somehow she could not convince the rest of her family to continue her work.  It’s sad because I’m not sure how much time we actually have left.


Rose asked to use the restroom, she was told it was upstairs but to be quiet as the couple child, Lori was asleep in her bed.   Rose was drawn into the room as she felt the need to look at the child who also had a witch’s aura.  


Rose just kept on looking for her for what seemed hours but it was that little face which made Rose change her mind.  

Rose: (whispers) Do not worry Lori, Grandma Rose is going to make sure you have a full and happy life.


Rose said her goodbyes to the family and her and Holly went back home although neither said a word to each other.


Rose talked to Emit because her mother was still upset with her.

Rose: Emit if I take on this mission to carry my mother words to future generations what will happen?


Emit: There is not much I can tell you except that your participation in this mission is necessary.

Rose: What do I do?  Do you know my future and what will happen to me?

Emit: I know more than I should and I know it’s harmful to you and this mission if I tell you too much about yourself.  You need to live your life as you normally would, do everything as if you didn’t know about this.

Rose: Than why is my participation necessary

Emit: Because as you live your normal life, you will carry our message along with you to future generations and so will your children.  You will know your part at the time and no one will have to tell you.

Holly walks up and sees them talking.

Rose: Mom I’m sorry and you have my full support

Mother and daughter make up and Rose starts to prepare herself for university.  Rose scores a 1994 out of 2400 on her entrance exams and she receives a full scholarship.


She tries to see Jareth but he was too busy with Sonja to even take her calls.  Rose knows that she wants a big house with plenty of comforts and if Jareth won’t give it to her she will get it another way.  Chris Landgraab invited her over so she accepts his invitation and it did not take Rose long to snag him.  


The problem is every moment she spends kissing Chris, she wishes and pretends he was Jareth.


Rose spent the night with Chris. She always planned on woohooing for the first time with Jareth, but she settled on Chris.


She asked if he would wait for her while she was in university.  Chris of course was head over heels in love would her and said he would wait forever if he had to. 


Later that night Rose left for university and Holly and Emit waved goodbye to her.  Rose looked back and waved goodbye back.  The minute the cab drove away she missed her mother and Emit terribly, she never been separated from her mother before and she was getting used to the idea of having a stepfather around.  She also thought about the two men in her life:


the man that she loves


and the man who loves her.

To be continued...





12 comments:

  1. BABY!!! :D can't wait to see the little one :3
    I love how you mix the past with the future and go backwards and forwards like you did in this chapter. It's so different to all the other things I've read before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't time travel often but now when they do Holly and Emit always change to their future selves. I'm sure you figured out by now I am using a time traveler clone for Emit. Rose doesn't have a baby yet, her ltw is gold digger so she needs to get married and see the ghost of her wealthy spouse.

      Delete
  2. I love how you are pulling in the Into the Future content for this story. I can imagine that it will get harder and harder to convince each generation to go with the plan. I really like the set up and looking forward to catching up on the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this generation the family decided to teach the children about the mission as they grew up instead of the mistake Holly made by keeping it quiet. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I am glad Holly took Rose into the future and convinced her to please do her part, and I am glad Rose finally cared. I felt bad for her when those last two pictures came up, the man she loves, and the man who loved her. I'm happy Rose realized she missed her mom too, haha, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see the space time continuum can change the future. Unless Rose changed her mind that would have been the reality. Seeing the family she felt the maternal instinct kick in and she knew she had to save them. She also knew she crossed a line with her mother that she shouldn't have crossed. Right now she has two men in her life but she finds out soon that one is better than the other. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Wow... I half expected Rose to be evil all the way, but she gave in and I'm glad. I think it will do her some good. I wonder what will happen while she's away at Uni. And I know I should feel bad for her because she settled, but at the same time, I think she deserves better than Jareth. I'll see what happens soon enough, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The maternal instinct is a very strong feeling and when she recognized herself in her descendants she knew she had to protect them. Rose had a very good upbringing and although she was rebellious she did know right from wrong deep down inside. As for the two gentleman she did have a school girl crush on Jareth but her main objective was to land a rich husband. Either one fits that description so in a way she really isn't settling.

      Delete
  5. I totally, get you, Rose. I wouldn't care for the future either. Wanna have fun here and now. Future people may deal with their own problems. Although the bad omen in the form of meteor hitting my house might have made me reconsider...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the family and identifying them as part of herself changed Rose's mind about the mission. Putting yourself in their place as Holly did with Rose is exactly what opened Rose's eyes.

      Delete
  6. And life goes on beyond the news and the future ...
    At this stage id say Chris is the better choice here, but i guess we will see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will make a choice between them soon which you will soon see. Either one is fine for her as she just wants a big bank account.

      Delete