Sunday, July 27, 2014

Chapter 6: I never promised you a Rose Garden

This Chapter was originally posted on 11/10/13


Holly: Thank Heavens you are alright.  I was worried sick.

Rose: You didn’t seem to care before.

Holly: Now you know that is not true.  We really need to talk

Rose: Sure now you want to talk.

Holly: You have a point about me missing your birthday and I should be home more often, but this does not mean I will give up my career totally.  I made a mistake which I do apologize for and I will try to balance my home life and my career better in the future.

Rose: I guess I can accept that.

Holly: I also think you should talk to me when you are upset about something and no more running off for days without telling me where you are.  You have to promise you will not do anything like this again.

Rose: I was just very angry.

Holly: Well I was just very worried

Rose: Ok Mom I will not do it again.

Holly: Where were you all this time?

Rose: Do you really need to know?

Holly: Yes of course I do, I’m still your mother.


Rose: Well I went to Mick’s Karaoke Bar for a while after I bought some new clothes and had my hair done.  The rest of the time I spent with Jareth Alto.


Rose:  ♫ We are living in a material world and I am a material girl ♫


Holly: You do know that Jareth is a young adult?

Rose: Relax Mom; he was only showing me his guitar collection.  We didn't do anything.


Holly: I guess now that you are a teenager we should have another talk

Rose: If it’s about Woohoo save it Mom, I probably know more than you do., and while we are on the subject, mind telling me who was desperate enough to woohoo you and is my father?


At this point Holly decides to quickly change the subject because she doesn’t think it’s the best time to tell Rose her father is a paparazzi.  She actually meant to tell her about the mission and not the birds and the bees but the last statement changed Holly’s mind.  It’s probably better to wait for Rose to be in a better mood.

Holly: How about I tell you about that after you see your birthday present, go outside and look for yourself.

The present was against Holly's better judgement but considering she forgot Rose's  birthday, Holly was feeling a little guilty.


Rose goes outside and sees two cars parked by the house.

Rose: A car!  You got me a car!  It’s not the sports car I wanted but it will do

Holly: I’m sorry about the sports car, I know you had your heart set on it but this is all I could afford right now.


Rose: Well Mom if you listened to my plan about the jewelry shop after it closes….


Holly: ROSE ANGELICA WOOD! I raised you better than that!  There will be no talk about stealing anything while you live under my roof. 

Rose: Oh Mom, you are such a nerd. 

Holly: Do I make myself clear?

Rose: Crystal


Holly: Let’s not spoil this day, how about if I teach you how to drive you car?

Rose: Sure lets go.

During the time that Rose was missing some events happen that they did not talk about.

What Holly did not tell Rose:


Emit took a chance on traveling 2000 years into the future from their world, to see if the world was still in existence and it turns out it was.  In fact it was a beautiful place to live.   Every descendant has a specific role to play in this mission and if anyone interferes the mission will fail.  He told Holly that Rose was destined to play a part in this mission and that she would not like what Rose would do but in order for the world to be saved Rose had to do it.  It was her destiny and a necessary evil


He also said that he was there to take Holly back with him when Rose became a young adult. He said it was best for Holly and the mission if she left at that point.  Immortality for legendary people was a reality in the new world and because of this mission they were both legendary.  Their job was not done either, they had to closely monitor the progress in the past to make sure everything went according to plan.


Emotions were not abolished anymore and he knew that he loved her and could not live without her.  They kissed and .......


Emit found out that woohoo is not so bad after all too.

What Rose did not tell Holly:


Jareth actually convince Rose to go home and drove her home but Rose was not ready to deal with her mother yet.  Rose ran out of money so she went to the consignment store, where she starting telling the clerk her money problems.  The clerk says finding your fortune is easy if you know how, just go to the park and find the gypsy wagon.  The old gypsy woman will bestow a power on you that will help you achieve your wildest dreams.  Tell her I sent you and you are in.


Rose did just that and the old gypsy women gave her a potion to drink and she gave her a warning.  Use your magic wisely because all Magic comes with a price my dear girl, just ask anyone in Storybrook.


Rose did not care and did not listen to the warning.  As soon as she walked out of the gypsy wagon the transformation began.


Rose found a magic wand in her hand and she twirled it around and amazed herself as she was making magic.

To be continued…..

9 comments:

  1. I like that they are getting along.. sort of.. some of the time :D
    And awesome, an evil witch? Go conquer the world, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the things I loved best about Rose, she was an evil witch and she was a lot of fun to play. No one ever messed with Rose and got away with it

      Delete
    2. I love that she's evil and yet such a dedicated non-evil mother! It's like she's evil but only professionally :P

      Delete
  2. Rose and her mom have a fun relationship, even though Rose is so mean to her, Holly is doing a good job standing her ground and being a good mother to her. Rose has her moments of being nice to Holly too LOL.
    Aww, that's so cute, Emit and Holly getting together, and then Holly gets to be immortal and watch her descendants? That sounds awesome. Heehee. I don't think Rose will really care that much that Holly has to leave. LOL.
    Ooh, the wicked witch of the town. Haha, she's so fun. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly is pretty easy going with Rose but she does put her foot down when needed. They do have a loving relationship and Rose does respect her mother when all is said and done. Just the fact that Holly is there and her mission has started things did change and for the better. Emmett was able to jump 2000 years from their time and the world was still there. He also went back for Holly and he already knew about emotions just from the way he greeted her.

    Oh they are in trouble now, Rose has magic on her side :)

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose is really going to be a terror when she grows up. Stealing. *clucks tongue* And running away and worrying her mother... oh dear. She is a little rebel, and rude to her mother too. But I'm glad Holly found some happiness with Emit. I wonder what will happen with Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose does have some outrageous ideas about becoming wealthy and she will stop at nothing to get what she wants. She is a bit much to handle and Holly will need help bringing up that one. Emmett is the perfect one to help out.

      Delete
  5. Well, at least she's self-reliant. That's something.

    ReplyDelete