Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chapter 2-My Green Heaven

This chapter was originally posted on 10/27/13


Holly heard a noise outside and it was Emit arriving from the future.

Emit: I'm here for a progress report Holly, how are you settling in?

Holly: Well at first I had a tiny problem


I was hungry one day and decided to make some Organic Mac and Cheese but there was no food synthesizer to order from so I had to actually prepare the food myself. Which was going along fine until.....


I had to use what is known here as cooking on a stove


I was beginning to get into it when
the stove went on fire

I decided that I should eat salad's until
I improve my cooking skill a bit


The next day I decided to go to what is called the fall festival and this is when things turned out a whole lot better for me.  The minute I arrived there I seen the most beautiful sights ever.  The grass was green and healthy with colorful flowers



I was amazed on how beautiful a flower could be and they smelled wonderful.


The trees were full of fruit and produced the juiciest and tastiest apples I had ever eaten.


Tiny creatures called cats, I have only seen in text books were walking around.


The day was full of wonder and excitement for me so I took this as inspiration to write my next book called My Green Heaven.

Emit: Excellent!  Things are going according to plans but what about procreation?

Holly: Well that is another story....

To be continued .........

8 comments:

  1. Oh no... in the future people no longer know the basic skills of cooking? That's so sad. I'm sure the food synthesizer is a very cool invention, and is a great time saver, but that fact makes me sad, probably just as much as it makes Holly sad that there are no green plants in the future. I liked that her day got better when she was able to smell the flower, and see that little cat. I'm glad she's unharmed from her stove fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she had no idea how to use basic cooking skills on her primative stove. Holly learned a lesson that day, sometimes technology is not such a good thing especially when it takes away a simple pleasure in life like eating a juicy apple or the smell of a flower. She actually starts to love living in the past during this chapter.

      Delete
  2. Uh oh... loss of basic cooking skills? Well, I'm sure Holly will manage and learn. What an adjustment though! And no cats in the future? That makes me sad. :( I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly was basically in a new world that was so taken over by technology that small things like cooking weren't a thing anymore. Many types of animals and plant life were extinct but this is exactly the reason for her mission to change the world from losing simple pleasure that we hold dear.

      Delete
  3. Poor Holly, struggling with those ancient contraptions and nearly condemning the whole world saving mission to doom by killing herself.
    I wonder if Emit will also produce an heir to continue his work and advise Holly's offspring. Also Holly better be successfull if Emit's world is to survive to the next gen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appliances and technology has changed in 2000 years. She had no clue how to use any of those items but she did learn quickly.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm it does seem like Holly is enjoying this life, more than the one she was used of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did enjoy this lifestyle better. There were definitely things she needed to get used to but she seems to be getting the hang of it.

      Delete