Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chapter 30-Every Breath You Take

This chapter was originally posted on 5/21/09


There were not many freshmen who can say they went to the Prom but Sandi would be able to.  Her last name is Landgraab so she was able to spare no expense purchasing a formal dress.  She shopped for days until she found the one she absolutely loved.


Early that morning she went to the salon and had her hair and nails done and even hired a makeup artist to give her the just the right look.  She was dressed perfectly and was ready for the perfect first date.


All of Sandi's excitement for the prom was quickly diminished when Brandon arrived to pick her up.  It really was not the fact that he had not taken the time to dress for the occasion although that did bother her a bit, but more the fact that she sensed something strange about him.  He had conversations with himself most of the night and when he was actually talking with her, he talked about THEIR future together.  She was only 14 and was not thinking about her future with anyone especially Brandon.  By the time the night was over all of Sandi's careful preparations were for not as her inner beast released itself.  It wasn't a full moon and she was not angry, it was more for protection than anything else.


As any worried father, Wolfie walked the floors and waited for his daughter to return home, but he knew immediately something was wrong.

Wolfie:  Hey Kiddo, why the long face and why did the wolf come out?  You're supposed to be happy right now, do you want to talk about it?

Sandi: Oh Daddy it was awful.  The Prom looked like it was fun for the others but not for me. It was Brandon.

Wolfie:  He didn't hurt you because if he did, so help me I'll ..........


Sandi: No Daddy nothing like that. He has my life already planned out for me, he was talking marriage and was choosing names for our children and grandchildren.  I told him I was too young to think about marriage but he just kept it up all night and  wouldn't stop.  The way he talked really scared me.  I don't think I ever want to see him again.

Wolfie:  You don't have to see him again or think about marriage.  You have your whole life ahead of you and no one but you should decide it.  Promise me if he or anyone else ever hurts you in any way, you will tell me or your mother.

Sandi: I promise.

Wolfie: One day a boy will come along and you will know he is the right one.  I promise you that boy won't scare you like this one did.  He might scare me, but he won't scare you.  Now why don't you give your Dad a big hug and get some sleep Kiddo.

Sandi:  Dad, I'm too big to be your Kiddo.

Wolfie: I don't care how big you get, you will always be my Kiddo.


On the school bus, Sandi noticed that now Brandon decided to wear a tux, after the Prom was over.  He asked her to sit next to him and she decided to do so only to tell him that she did not want to see him again. 

Sandi: Now you dressed up?

Brandon: How about going to the movies tonight babe?

Sandi: Brandon, I'm sorry I'm going to be busy tonight.

Brandon: Too busy for your boyfriend.

Sandi: You are not my boyfriend.

Brandon: Oh yeah right we are going to be married so I'm your fiancé.

Sandi:  NO we are NOT getting married!  I think its best we just be friends.

Brandon: Oh you don't mean that.  Of course we are getting married after you graduate.

Sandi: Yes that is exactly what I mean, we are not getting married.  We are not doing anything together.  

Brandon: You don't have to play hard to get with me, I know you love me babe.

Sandi: I don't love you, I don't want anything to do with you.  My second thought we shouldn't even be friends and it’s not me, IT'S YOU!


Sandi had no idea that her problems were just beginning.  Brandon followed her off the school bus and everywhere she went.


While she skated,


Played games,


Practiced Soccer,


And she couldn't even get herself a snow cone without him following her.  She knew he was following her and she thought it best to ignore him.  She hoped he would eventually get bored with this and move on however that was not the case.  No matter what she did he was watching her.


The Witches Counsel meeting at the Red Velvet Lounge:


Rose was getting up in age and was looking for a witch to help her run the witches counsel and eventually take over her duties when she could no longer do so.  A vote was held and Rose could not think of a witch more qualified for the position than Eleanor Wasimton.

Rose: I'm very pleased with the results of the election, I have confidence that you will do an excellent job keeping these witches and warlocks in line.


Eleanor:  My father is military and he taught me everything I know.  They will all be walking a fine line with me in charge.


Rose: Our first order of business is to register two warlocks in town that just became teenagers.


Rose: The first one is my son Ronny, I already have that set in motion but he should talk with you also.


Rose: The second is Dylan McIntyre, a young man who relocated here from Riverview.  His adopted mother brought him and her other son here because they would fit in better with the supernaturals.

Eleanor: Why not talk to both brothers at the same time?

Rose: The two are brothers by adoption and only Dylan is a warlock, the other boy is a vampire which is out of our jurisdiction.


Rose and Eleanor go to talk to the boys when Eleanor is approached by an elder Jareth Alto.

Jareth: Hey there baby, I'm a doctor so why don't we go to play gynecologist! 

Eleanor: If this is your approach, I'd rather see your departure. 

Rose: Oh Jareth you never learn, do you?

Eleanor: Who is this idiot?

Rose: Just some Lunar Lakes trash that followed me to Moonlight Falls.

Jareth: Hiya Rose.  You must be jealous, you know you still have a chance for some of this.  

Rose: hasn’t this gotten old for you yet? I know this is got old for me a long time ago.


Rose takes out her magic wand and starts her incantation

Rose: No is a word not understood
A lesson should do him some good
Add some heat to the game plan
Set a fire on this moronic man


Jareth: That is it Rose, you finally blew your last chance for some woohoo with the love doctor. 

Rose: Oh poor me, whatever will I do now?


Jareth: Yes you blew it big time babe, there is younger talent in town.  Come here my steaming cup of hot chocolate, let the love doctor give you a physical.

Eleanor: Is he for real?


Jareth: Oh I'm for real babe, let me give you a little preview to the main attraction.


Eleanor: What the.......  Oh No you do not touch me and get away with it.


Eleanor takes out her wand and takes her turn at Jareth.

Eleanor: Waving and Twirling my magic wand
I call to the spirits from way beyond
Assist me with my handy work
And toadify this ugly jerk!


Eleanor: Come on Rose let’s get back to business.

Rose: Nice work!  I knew you were perfect for this job.



That same night at the bowling alley:


Wolfie always told Sandi when she went out with a group of friends to stay in the group but tonight she decided to go home later than the rest.  She had not seen Brandon and she assumed he moved on. She was wrong and he was beginning to annoy her.

Sandi: Brandon, I want you to stop following me.  I don't want to be your girlfriend and I never will.  Go find someone who does.

Brandon: but you do want to be my girlfriend, you just don't know it yet.  I want to be around when you do.


Sandi:  that is never going to happen Brandon.  LEAVE ME ALONE!


Brandon: Calm down babe!  Everything is going to be ok, I already went to see a travel agent for our honeymoon.  Monte Vista for a full week and a big bed in our hotel room for plenty of woohoo.

Sandi:  Woohoo with you?  I think I'm going to be sick.


Brandon: Yes that is a side effect of being pregnant, which will happen often I want at least 10 kids with you.  We are going to have a big family.

Sandi:  IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, YOU ARE CRAZY!


Brandon:  I'm Crazy for you Babe.  Come give me some sugar.

Sandi: NO BRANDON STOP! I SAID NO BRANDON!


The next thing to two hear is the voice of Dylan McIntyre

Dylan: I believe the lady said NO!

Spirits assist me with a request
Help save an angel in distress
Wrong vs. right, right vs. Wrong
Feel the heat than run along.


Dylan: This is the only hot time you are having tonight!


Brandon: What are you doing?  I was just trying to kiss my girl.  Why don't you go and mind your own business.

Dylan: I was downstairs and I heard everything.  She said NO and you should have listened.

Brandon: She didn't mean it, she wanted me to kiss her.

Dylan: I heard as clear as a bell, she said NO!  I guess you need another lesson.


Dylan: Not enough you want more
I know how to settle a score
Long and winding is the road
You shall walk as a toad


Dylan: Now leave before I really get mad.

Brandon ran out after that last spell but he was not giving up on Sandi.  She was his as far as he was concerned and no warlock was going to change that.


Dylan: Are you ok Miss?

Sandi: I'm perfectly fine now that you're here.

Dylan: If it’s alright with you, can I walk you home.

Sandi: I would like that very much.



The Alto House:


Jareth: Looks like you had a bad night too son.  We have to stay away from those witches.  They just don't understand our sex appeal.

Brandon: No Dad I'm in love with a werewolf named Sandi

Jareth: Sandi?  Landgraab?  Son stay away from that family, they will only cause you trouble.


Brandon: No can do Dad!  That she wolf is a fox.

To be continued

I would like to thank LittleMinxUndr for the loan of Eleanor Wasimton.  If you have not read her story, please go and check it out, you will love it!


11 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh my, they sure are deluded :D Glad Dylan got there when he did, such a gentleman :3
    And wow, she looked stunning in her prom dress :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Father, like Son. Except the son is a psycho. Dylan pulled his own white knight act there and sort of swept her off her feet :)

      Delete
  2. The more and more I read these, the more stories I have to add to my list to read lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL WTF, Jareth and Brandon. I guess Brandon got the same sort of crazy that Jareth has. So much spell casting in this story. I'm glad Dylan came and saved Sandi. That was really nice of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The witches were in top form tonight with the spell casting and it seems that father and son were both turned into toads. Brandon and Jareth both do not know the meaning of the word no but Brandon has a lot more crazy in him than his father.

      Delete
  4. lol, Jareth is still rocking that mohawk as an elder xD
    He's a creep, but so much fun to read.
    That Brandon though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should have changed his hairstyle but it is funny to see an elder with a Mohawk. It fits him for some reason. Jareth is a lot of fun though. He still thinks he is God's gift to women. Brandon has other issues.

      Delete
  5. Will my comment go through this time?

    I agree with candy cotton, the mohawk on Jareth in old age? I don't trust him still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake on the Mohawk. If I could do things differently I would but at least we get a laugh at an elder with a Mohawk. He shouldn't be trusted but he still is the lesser of all the evils. Mostly because Jareth isn't bright enough to be that evil.

      I am glad to hear that you got the comments working.

      Delete
  6. I liked Dylan from the first picture.
    The Brandon guy would be cute if he wasn't such a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan is a nice guy and it looks like Sandi kind of likes him too.

      Brandon has a few issues to deal with.

      Delete