Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chapter 26.1-Makeover Madness

This chapter was originally posted on 4/25/14.


Finding her bio mother was never a priority for Sandi, she never even gave it a second thought.  She always thought that her father would marry Abby and they would live the way they always did, as a family.  She never wanted any other family than the one she grew up with and the last few days were the worst of her young life.

First some ugly old lady came into her house waking her up in the middle of the night and then she woke up the next morning finding her father sad and Abby gone.  Now they tell her that Denny's Mommy is her Mommy and Denny is her twin brother.  She did not understand what was happening and she didn't want to even try to understand it.  All she really wanted was for everything to go back to the way it was before all of these grown up things started to happen.


She decided to talk to Abby and try to convince her to come back home with her.  She was going to promise to be extra good and to sweeten the deal she would promise to do some extra chores around the house.  She knew it would make her father happy if Abby returned and more important, she knew this would make herself happy.

Abby: Hey there Munchkin.  How did you find my house?

Sandi: Dr. Daisy told Daddy that you wrote your address down on the note pad so I did that little trick with the pencil.  You are not angry with me are you?


Abby: How perceptive of you and I could never be angry with you.  I really wanted to see you tonight so I'm happy you are here.

Sandi: I miss you so much Abby.

Abby: I miss you too.


Sandi: Abby you got to come back home with me.  I'll be good I promise please, please, please come back home!


Abby: It's not that easy.  You are a good girl and none of this is your fault, it’s just gro.....

Sandi: grown up problems.  That's what Daddy said too.

Abby: It's true, its just grown up problems.  I will always love you and you can call me anytime you want to.

Sandi: But I want you to come back home.

Abby: I know all of this will take some getting used to, but you have your father and now you have your mother.


Sandi: She is Denny's Mommy and I don't want her.  I want you!  I want you to marry Daddy and I want you to be my Mommy!

Abby: I know this is strange for you now but in time you will understand.

Sandi: I don't want to understand.  Can I at least stay here with you tonight?


Abby wanted to spend her last night in town with Sandi too so she called Wolfie.

Abby: Sandi has been pretending to be one of Charlie's Angels again and she tracked me down.  It is getting late and she wants to stay over, would that be ok with you?

To Abby's surprise he agreed quickly, he said he had something important to do.

Abby: Your Dad said it was fine, so you can stay the night.

Sandi: Yay!


Abby brought Sandi to the living room where her two guests just turned on the TV to watch the chick flicks they rented for the night.

Abby: Hey Ladies, we have another guest for our little slumber party.  Sandi you remember Daisy and this is her best friend Cora.

Daisy: Come over here and sit with us.

Cora: The movie just started.


Sandi: That is the best movie I ever seen.  Do Baby and Johnny ever get married?

Abby: I imagine they did as that is how most love stories end.

Sandi: So is this all we do at slumber parties?  Watch movies?

Daisy: Sometimes we tell ghost stories or do makeovers.

Cora: You know that might be fun! Sandi, how would you like a makeover?

Sandi: Sure


Cora:Well then step into my office.



Abby: You look so pretty but you also look tired.  I think you need to get some sleep.

Sandi: We are having so much fun. Do I have to?

Abby: Yes you have to.  It's a school night. 

Sandi: Can you read me a bedtime story?

Abby: I sure will.




Abby always read bedtime stories to Sandi and she was happy to have the opportunity to do this one last time. Tears came to Abby's eyes as she kissed Sandi goodnight and she watched her fall asleep.  She not only lost the love of her life but she lost her little girl too.

Meanwhile in the other room:



Cora: This is so sad, she really loves that girl.  Too bad she had to fall for..... What was that name they gave him at Uni again?  Oh yes Turn Em Loose Landgraab!  She is much better off without him.


Daisy: I think he has changed.  Let me let you in on a little secret.


Cora: Seriously!  Wow she really did tame that Wolf, now didn't she.

Daisy: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Cora: I think someone else needs a makeover too.

Daisy: That's what I was thinking.


Cora: Now it’s your turn

Abby: My turn for what?


Cora: A makeover.

Abby: but I do not want a makeover.

Cora: Yes you do.  You will love it.


Daisy: Abby you are starting a new life tomorrow, shouldn't you have a new look to go with it.  It will be a fresh start.

Cora: She is really pretty, but she could use some make up.

Daisy: The hair needs to be let down.

Abby: I appreciate this but you two do not have to go to any trouble.

Cora: It's no trouble and when we are finished you are going to be gorgeous.  Simply gorgeous!

To be continue.....

Author's Note-I want to thank HollyhocksFluff for loaning me Cora and Daisy.  If you haven't read Holly's story I highly recommend doing so, its awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, can't wait to see her after the make-over! :D
    And poor Sandi, this must be so confusing and annoying for her :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will see soon that Sandi doesn't take too well to the news even though she is pretty resilient. The only mother she knows or wants is Abby.

      Delete
  2. Ahh Sandi, I can totally understand how she wouldn't want anything to change, mainly because she doesn't understand the extent of how deep grown up problems can be, and things cannot stay the same just for her sake.
    Ooo they're going to give Abby a makeover? How exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi grew up thinking that Abby was her mother even as a baby she called her Mama. The three of them have been living as a family and she doesn't want any of that to change.

      I guess you figured out that Daisy and Cora are doing cameo appearances from another story. They know of Wolfie's plans so they are going to pretty her up for the occasion.

      Delete
  3. Aww... Sandi asking Abby to stay is sweet. I hope that they work things out. I wonder how her makeover turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby was always a mother figure to Sandi. There was no way she wanted her to leave.

      Delete