Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chapter 14.2-And Justice for All

This chapter was originally posted on 2/14/14

This chapter starts just before dawn of that same day and this is told by Rose.


I waited patiently as I knew that this was the one and only night my spell would work.  If not tonight than never and that was unacceptable.  Every full Moon Chris awoke from his grave and this one was no different.  I started to worry when the sun started to rise but at the very last minute the spell worked.


Chris' spirit was drawn to the plate of food.


I watched anxiously while he ate and then the magic did its work.




And it worked like a charm!


Chris: My hands!  I can see them!  My skin I can feel it!


Chris: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Chris: I'm Back!  I'm Alive!


Chris: Rose how did this happen?  Did you do this?

Rose: I never gave up on you.  I never gave up on us.  I never would.


Chris: Was this your magic?

Rose: It was our magic.  I'll explain everything but first things first.


While we were kissing I heard the sound of the mad rush of Wolfie running to catch the school bus.


Chris: What was that?

Rose: Our son he was out late last night and must have overslept.  He is late for school.  We can go get him.

Chris: No let him go to school.  I do want to spend some time getting to know him, but right now I have you all to myself.




Chris: Now tell me how you did this

Rose: The whole plan started the night you told me about the Altos.  I knew I had to stop them.  I lured Nick Alto into a trap which I thought would give me justice but I still did not feel like justice was served.


At the very next witches council meeting I talked with Belinda.  Without going into details she pointed out the part that I missed.  The spell called for three parts, vendetta, revenge and justice.

Vendetta was the cause for the spell, that part was already satisfied.

Revenge was satisfied when Grim hauled Nick's evil soul out of here.


A wife was still living without her husband and a child living without a father, justice has not been served yet.  I went back to my spell book and researched the spell again.  In my haste for revenge I almost overlooked the last part of the spell


After Grim left the plant I grew from the seed of revenge disappeared in a puff of smoke.


It left behind the seed of justice.  The spell called for me to plant that seed and cultivate it for 60 full moons.


It grew a magical yellow fruit which when combined with one of Grim's fish would restore life to a spirit and I knew I only had this one chance.


For the past five years I tended that garden and studied constantly.  Everything had to be perfect.


Last night I prepared the meal.


And set it out hoping your spirit would arise.  Well you know the rest, justice has been served.


I'm afraid our son feels a bit ignored by me, but I had to do this for us.  It was not easy hearing Wolfie say the same words that I once yelled at my mother or refusing his constant requests for driving lessons.


One time I even had to lie and tell him I didn't know how to teach him.  I'm sure he did not believe that at all.  After I taught him everything, I thought it best to save one thing for you to teach him.  I wanted you to have a way to bond with your son.  Wolfie is almost a man now, he will be off to university and will be starting his own life soon.


Chris: Almost a man?  I missed his whole life!  I missed everything!  I should have been here with my family.  Where is Jareth Alto?

Rose: He should be over here any minute.  He comes around every day even though I have asked him to stop.  That man doesn't take no for an answer and you would think by now he has suffered enough by my spells.

Chris: He is after my wife too while his family was responsible for my death!  He can not suffer enough.


Chris' blood started to boil just thinking about it, which made him transform into his werewolf form.


Chris: WHERE'S ALTO?   You witches have your brand of revenge, but we werewolves have OURS!

To be continued.....

8 comments:

  1. Oh, right. I forgot all about Ambrosia -.- GO GET HIM, CHRIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Rose's plan was so cool. Too bad Wolfie felt ignored, but I hope he can understand one day, just like Rose understood her mother one day. That was so sweet she wanted to let Chris teach Wolfie how to drive, awww, she's turned out to be a sweet lady, at least to her family, which is so good. :)
    OooOoo is Chris going to kick some ass? Wheee! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Rose had to put all of her attention into bringing Chris home and that meant less time for Wolfie. She did feel a lot of guilt when she heard those same words coming out of Wolfie's mouth and She did have a new understanding of her mother. Rose knew that Chris missed out on Wolfie's whole childhood and she wanted them to have some quality time together before Wolfie went to university. She had to save something for Chris no matter how hard it was for her to keep refusing him. Rose is very good to her family but if anything threatens them she that is when her evil streak comes out and nothing stops her.

      Oh yes Chris is out for blood now :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray! Chris is back... but oh... out for blood. This may or may not end well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jareth is lucky that he wasn't in the room when Chris seen red.

      Delete
  4. Chris is back all as new. Even his denim outfit shone new. Probably the courtesy of the Great Beyond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris has a second chance for a brand new life with his family.

      Delete