Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chapter 24-The Aftermath



Holly and Emit:


The next morning Holly received a phone call from Wolfie, she could tell by the tone in his voice that he was not himself.  The day they were waiting for since they arrived from Oasis Landing was finally upon them.


Holly: That was Wolfie on the phone, he wants to talk with me.

Emit: Right on schedule.  How did he sound?

Holly: Not good, last night had to be tough on him.

Emit: Indeed it was but it was tougher on Abby.

Holly: I was not looking forward to this day but we better get going.


Emit: Remember you have to let him do all the talking, you can't say anything.

Holly: I know already Emit, how many times must you remind me?

Emit: A million if I have to but as you know this is a special case and you can give Wolfie a push in the right direction.


Emit: Give this present to Sandi, this should take care of everything.  Wolfie already knows this but we will be reminding him of something that he is overlooking due to all the stress he is under.

Holly: I hope that everything goes according to plan.

Emit: As do I.



Abby:


Abby rented a small house on a temporary basis she was offered her a lease but she knew her days in Moonlight Falls were numbered.  There would always be reminders of everything she lost all around this town, it would be too painful to stay here.  If she needed to move on with her life she needed to move.  Where would she go to she had no idea yet.  Returning to Hidden Springs was completely out of the question, but she had time to explore her options because she was not leaving until she knew for a fact that Sandi would stay with her father.


She picked up the phone and quit her job immediately.  She worked with Wolfie and knew she couldn’t handle seeing him there.  She was able to work her way up from stage hand to backup vocalist, but that was all Wolfie's encouragement.  He was the first person who believed she could make something out of herself and look at how she repaid him.


She stayed in this house and just painted, but there was no getting him out of her mind.  She knew it was useless to ever think she would forget him or Sandi, because she never would.  



Wolfie:


Wolfie sat at the table, exhausted and stressed from the night before.  He tried to sleep but he couldn't, he knew what he had to do today and was dreading it.


Holly: Why the long face?  I know you said you wanted to tell me something but it can't be that bad. 

She wasn't allowed to let on that she knew what happened but that didn't mean she couldn't make some comfort food for her Grandson, who most likely had not eaten anything that day.


Wolfie: Grandma thanks you for the pie but I don't deserve it

Holly: Silly you’re my Grandson of course you deserve it.

Wolfie: No I don't Grandma.  I failed you and Grandpa.  I need to ask you to pull the books out of publication and it’s because of me.


Wolfie told his Grandmother the whole story that happened last night and the blackmail.  He took the blame for everything, Abby really was not responsible for all of this.  He was still upset with her for not trusting him, but it was his name in the headlines and his former life style that ultimately put him in this position.

Holly: You really think you failed in your part of the mission?

Wolfie: Of course I did, this has to end here.

Holly: I don't see it that way.  I turned on the radio one day to hear a song based on information written in one of my books written by you.  Hasn't your band supported every fund raising events possible and spread the word to protect the environment.

Wolfie: that is just my music, I'm not really doing anything.


Holly: How could you say that?  Our mission is to get the word out to protect the environment before it’s too late and your songs are heard by millions of people every day.  Sounds like to me that you are doing your job.

Wolfie: Not all were written by me, Abby wrote a few of them also.

Holly: Where is she?

Wolfie: We broke up last night.  She lied to me and worse she doesn't trust me enough.

Holly: I know you explained it all to me, but I wish you would take into consideration that the Altos were a real threat to her father.  You know for a fact that is true, look at what the Altos did to your father.

Wolfie: She still should have told me.

Holly: Wolfie she is wonderful girl, she just made a mistake.  Please think about it.


Wolfie: Sandi will be home soon

Holly took the hint that Wolfie wanted to change the subject, she gave him a big hug as she prepared for the next step, when Sandi arrived home from school.

Holly: I was hoping to see her today.  Why don't you go upstairs and take a shower, and I will wait here for Sandi.  

Wolfie: but the Altos

Holly: I'll make the call myself when you get down.


The clock turned three and before they knew it they heard the sound of Sandi running through the house.

Sandi: GRANDMA! YOUR HERE!

Holly: Let me get a big hug

Sandi: Some mean old ugly lady was here last night and she said she was my Grandma, but I told her I only have pretty Grandmas like you and Grandma Rose.


Holly: I have a present for you.

Sandi: Thank you Grandma.  What is it?

Holly: A costume chest.  Why don't you go upstairs and change into the prettiest costume in there and come down to model it for your Daddy.

Sandi: Sure will Grandma.


Holly: Wolfie don't worry everything will be alright I will make the call myself right now.

What Wolfie doesn't know is she is calling Emit who is in the park waiting for the next piece of the puzzle to fall in place.


Sandi: Look at me Daddy, I'm a Princess.

Wolfie: Yes you are Daddy's Princess.

All of a sudden it dawned on him, there was no way Holly Alto or any human was Sandi's mother.  It was her ears!  Sure werewolves had similar ears when they were wolves but Sandi had those ears all the time.  His mother always said she had magic in her and because of the ears he was sure that Sandi’s  mother was not a human.


Wolfie: Grandma hang up the phone!  Don't do anything.

Holly: (whispering to Emit) It worked love.  You are a genius

Wolfie: I'm going to make a phone call to have the DNA test run again and this time by someone I can trust.  An old fraternity brother of mine married some brainy chick, I'm sure she will help.

Holly: What changed your mind?


Wolfie: Those beautiful ears

Meanwhile at the park:


Abby got tired of staying in the house and she went for a walk for some air.  She ran into Sandi's best friend Denny there.  Those two were like two peas in a pod and they were inseparable.


Denny: Hi Abby! Is Sandi with you?

Abby: No I'm sorry Denny she is not here.

Denny: Would you tell her to call me?  Our birthdays are on the same day and we wanted to plan a party together.


Abby was getting ready to answer him when all of a sudden it struck her.  They had the same birthday and why had she not seen the remarkable resemblance before. She could see Wolfie in Denny's face.  This was too much to be a coincidence.

Abby: Denny how about if I take you home and I talk to your mother about that.

Denny: Sure let’s go Abby.


Neither of them noticed the blue haired gentleman watching them from the background.

Emit: Welcome to the family, Grandson.

To be continued……..

5 comments:

  1. Eek!! This was amazing, so much realisation ad hope in one chapter! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I love Emit and Holly. Her ears! Haha, I suppose in so much chaos and stress, Wolfie never noticed that about Sandi. Now Abby's going to go find the real mother?! How cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolfie had everything hit him at once. From the minute he found out about Holly claiming to be Sandi's mother he was not thinking straight at all. Holly and Emmett can't tell Wolfie what they know but they do like to leave little clues. The princess costume reminded Wolfie that there was no way a human could be Sandi's mother.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I love how Emit and Holly are kindly watching from a distance, and trying not to be too involved. I still really like Abby and I hope things are going to be okay for her. And who is the mother? I guess I'll find out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly and Emmett keep watch to make sure that the mission stays on course but they know they have to let things happen on their own. It doesn't mean they can't leave clues, they just can't be upfront with everything they know.

      Abby will always be among my favorites.

      Delete