Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chapter 25-Who's your Baby Mama?

This chapter was originally posted on 4/17/14.

Abby:


Denny Goodfellow lived with his parents Pip and Dahlia and an older brother named Luis.  His older sister Fawn had moved out and was now engaged to Wolfie's Uncle Jules.  On his first day of school he met Sandi and they seemed to click together instantly.  Only Pip and Dahlia knew the secret that bonded these children together.

Abby was almost sure that Dahlia was Sandi's mother, she remembered her having breakfast at their house one morning during Wolfie's wild days.  Obviously Dahlia would want to keep this a secret, she was a married woman and a werewolf daughter would be a sign of her infidelity.

On that ride over to the Goodfellow house which seemed to take forever, Abby had to decide how she would do this.  Should she just ask her outright or should she throw some hints in her direction?  She was still unsure when she arrived to the house and ultimately decided to try to get Dahlia to admit it herself.


Luckily Denny was tired and decided to go straight to his fairy house to get some sleep, this gave Abby to opportunity to talk with Dahlia.


Abby: Hi Dahlia, it was getting late so I gave Denny a ride home

Dahlia:  Is Sandi here with you?

Abby: No I'm afraid not.

Dahlia: Why don't you come inside and we can chat for a bit.


Dahlia: Denny has been asking if he could share his party with Sandi, I really wanted to talk with you and Wolfie about it.  You know we love when Sandi comes to play with Denny so it might be fun for the kids.


Abby: I'll talk to Wolfie after we take care of this little situation that has come up.  Right now we are both very worried about Sandi.

Dahlia: Why?  Sandi is not sick is she?

Abby: No it’s not a health issue, but it’s still a cause for concern.

Dahlia: Have a seat and tell me whats going on. 


Abby: You are familiar with the Alto Crime Family?

Dahlia: Yes I am and I regret the day they moved here.  I really wish they would move back to Sunset Valley.

Abby: If they do they may be taking Sandi back with them.


Dahlia: WHAT!  Now why would Wolfie ever allow that to happen?

Abby: He may not have a choice.  Holly Alto is suing for permanent custody of Sandi.

Dahlia: Now how in the world can she do that, she is nothing to Sandi.

Abby: There is a DNA test proving her to be Sandi's mother.


Dahlia: That’s impossible!  There is no way that woman is Sandi's mother!  I don't care what those DNA test say.  The Altos must have arranged that.

Abby: Dahlia, how can you be so sure of that?  Do you know who Sandi's real mother is? Or are you her real mother?  Those two kids look a lot alike and they age up on the same day, is that really just a coincidence?


Dahlia's husband Pip must have overheard and he came right down.

Pip: It is not a coincidence. Its ok Honey, tell her.  We always said if there was any trouble we would come forward with the truth.  This is trouble and it looks like Abby figured it out already.

Dahlia: I am her mother.

Abby: How could you just leave a little baby like that?

Pip: She didn't I did.


Dahlia: Abby I'm not proud of any of this, but I think we should start from the beginning.

Pip: This is my entire fault.  A few years back we were having some marital problems caused by an affair that I had and Dahlia found out about it.  This is when I found out that my wife does not get mad, she gets even.

Dahlia: We live by a strict code of honor and divorce is not an option, but I had to do something.  I was angry, upset and on the rebound. This is when Wolfie enters the picture, with his smile, those eyes and charms.  He is almost impossible to resist.

Abby: I'm quite aware of that, I really do not need the gory details.  Lets skip over that part.

Pip: I can live without the gory details myself.

Dahlia: It was only one night and it never happened again.  Pip and I were able to tell each other the truth about our affairs we forgave each other.  We were so happy when we found out I was pregnant, we thought all of this was behind us.


Pip: We just assumed the baby was mine.  I knew all about her night with Wolfie, but I still thought the baby was ours.  

Dahlia: I went into labor earlier than expected which should have been the first clue but it wasn't.

Pip: Denny was born and he was a fairy just like us, I was so proud and then we got a little surprise.  We had no idea Dahlia was carrying twins, but everything changed when the girl was born.

Dahlia: A werewolf and the spitting image of Wolfie, there was no denying who the fathered the twins.  We were not prepared for this.

Pip: Our community was awaiting the arrival of our child and our affairs were the worst offense against our code of honor.  We decided to pass the boy off as mine and send the girl to her father.

Dahlia: This was the most difficult decision of my life.  I never wanted to give up my daughter but I felt she would have a better life with her father.


Pip: Dahlia was in no shape to go anywhere so I wrapped the girl up in a blanket and I prepared to take her to her father.  It was I who decided to keep everything a secret from Wolfie, so I wrote the note and left the baby on the doorstep.  I hid in the bushes and waited for someone to find the baby.  It was you I saw who found her and then you called for Wolfie.  The girl was going to be fine and I left.

Dahlia: We always said we would tell the truth if necessary, but I was thinking health problems not another woman claiming her, especially an Alto.

Abby: Wolfie deserves to know the truth as well as the children.

Pip: I guess we will have to tell the truth to Denny, which will be difficult for me.  I couldn't love that boy any more if he was my own flesh and blood, now he will find out another man is his father.


Abby: I can relate to what you are saying.  I helped Wolfie raise Sandi and I love her as if she was mine.  We need to let Wolfie know right away, the Altos are blackmailing him and he is going to give into their demands.  He needs to know that there is no reason to do so.

Wolfie:


Wolfie knew he had a lot to think about, but forgiving Abby was a no brainer.  He knew she was intimidated and vulnerable to the tactics of the Altos.   When he first met her she was shy, quiet and had no self esteem at all, she definitely was not the woman who stood up to Vita the other night.  No the old Abby would have not done that before, she had changed dramatically and for the better.

The stress Wolfie was under now was not caused by the Altos threat to take Sandi either.  He knew the doctor that was due to arrive any moment and she would find that Holly Alto was not Sandi's mother.  He knew his daughter was staying where she belonged and that the Altos would not affect his part of the mission.

There was something bothering him though, it was his own fears.  Fears that resurfaced after he made a purchase he made from the jewelry shop, before all these events started.  He had planned to ask Abby to marry him that same night and had hoped to wake up with her in his arms the next morning for the very first time.  Never did he expect that night would end up with them breaking up and her leaving the house. He still loved her and knew he always would but could he trust her to always trust him?  Or was he getting cold feet and this just his own insecurity about relationships returning?

He heard the sound of a cab drive up and the car door close, the doctor must be here.


Wolfie: Thank you Daisy, for coming on such short notice. It's so good to see you again.  I really owe you big time for this.


Daisy:  It's no trouble us Going Solo people have to stick together.  

Wolfie: How is my old fraternity brother doing?

Daisy: Busy I'm sure, Mahmoud is home with all three kids.


Daisy: This visit might be short though.  I went to the hospital first and it seems that the potential mother is not showing up to take the test, even though there is a court order for her to do so.

Wolfie: That proves it even further.  She is afraid to take the test.

Daisy: I agree with you but there is nothing I can do unless I have a sample of her DNA to compare with Sandi's.


Abby walks in right at that minute.

Abby: Sorry Wolfie.  I had to come here, it’s important.  I still have my key I will leave it before I go. 

Abby: The test can go on as scheduled, Holly Alto's DNA won't be necessary.  I found the real mother and she is willing to take the test.  Wolfie brace yourself for this one, you also have a son. 



Dahlia told the whole story to all three and promised to cooperate in any way she could.

Dahlia:  I'm sorry Wolfie for not telling you all of this and from keeping Denny a secret.  I hope you can forgive me.


Wolfie:  It seems like the hits just keep on coming.  While trying to keep the one kid I have, we find her twin.  I'm appreciating that you are coming forward and taking the DNA test but we need to seriously talk about these kids.


Daisy: Guess I shouldn't have given up my hotel room, I'm going to be staying.  Do you know of another hotel I can go to?


Abby: Forget the hotel you can stay at my place.  

Daisy: but I have a friend with me, are you sure this won't be an imposition?

Abby: I'm not staying in Moonlight Falls now that Wolfie and I broke up, I'm leaving town tomorrow and I have already paid the full month of rent.  I have no idea where I am going but I have to leave.  It does not make much sense for you to get a hotel room while there is a rented house available for you to stay in.  Just leave the keys with the landlord before you go.


Abby writes down the address for Daisy and leaves through the backdoor.  Now that everything with Sandi is fine she can move away and try to start a new life for herself.


Wolfie talks with Daisy for a bit but looks around for Abby.  He needed to apologize for throwing her out and he owes her a thank you for all that she has done.  Look at the lengths she went through for him today, his insecurities faded and those cold feet warmed up.  He was ready to put that ring on her finger.

Wolfie: Did you see where Abby went to?  I need to thank her and I want to ask her to move back in. 

Daisy: Wolfie she left.  She is letting my use her place and she is planning on leaving town tomorrow.


Wolfie: Leaving town?  No she can't do that.

Daisy: She will if you don't stop her and give her a reason to stay.

Wolfie: Oh I will give her a reason to stay.  


Wolfie: Can you keep a secret?

Daisy: Sure.

Daisy: Oh My God you are really going to do that?

Wolfie: I sure am.  Now do your best to make her stay an extra day.

Daisy: You know I will.

To be continued.......

Author's Note-I want to thank HollyhocksFluff for loaning me Daisy.  Mahmoud in my version of the game was in Wolfie's fraternity so I wrote that in. If you haven't read Holly's story I highly recommend doing so, its awesome.



7 comments:

  1. I'm happy things seems to be looking up a bit :3 And even happier that Holly doesn't seem like she wants to carry on the family business - though I'm sure they're not out of the picture even with Vita nearly dead. I'm just pretending everything is sunshine and sprinkles right now :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mafia is a running theme in this story. Holly didn't want to run the family business because I decided to leave her true to the story that EA gave her, besides I had someone in the background to take over that role.

      Delete
    2. I agree that it's better that way, Holly just seems too sweet :3 It's nice that you let her keep her character - makes you hope for the rest of the family! *ahem*

      Delete
  2. Aww Abby. That was really sweet of her to bring Dahlia over and have the truth revealed to Wolfie. It's definitely a huge step from her lying to him about all the earlier stuff. I wonder if we'll ever see her father? Now that all of the truth is out and she's not helping Vita anymore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby understood why Wolfie threw her out of his life but she was never going to let the Altos take Sandi away. Basicially she wanted to help clean up the mess that she helped create. She doesn't have to work for the Altos anymore but she does need to find her father.

      Delete
  3. The truth is revealed. Holy guacamole! Great twist! And I hope Wolfie can catch Abby before she leaves town. And I also hope that the Altos butt out of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for that twist. The game gave me twins that I didn't expect. Abby won't get far if Wolfie can help it.

      Delete